new to wildfowling

hi all well i was wandering if i could ask any of you pros for any info myself and two friends all long time shooters have recently caught the wildfowling bugg we have 2 flighting ponds and have 4 weeks booked down at newton stewart also we have just joined the upper forth wildfowling association been doing our home work read eric begbies book odern wildfowling but im buggered if i can find any dvd video or books on equipment techniques tips any thing would be most great full ie web sites oh i live in newmains northlanarkshire but i am origionally from huntly many thanks for any help

• 1 month later...

hi riggers , tried to reply to this the other day but it kept coming up error .so got in touch with admin they sorted it thanks ian . ive been fowling since i was a nipper so my advice to you my friend is before the season starts is to go down to the foreshore or marshes where your going to shoot , but PLEASE PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK THE TIDES BEFORE YOU GO THIS IS A BIG BIG MUST DO, then have a good walk round check the creeks or ditches as some people call them ,see what there like to cross or stand in to shoot out of . check the tides at different heights to see how high it comes up on the marshes and how fast it comes .the bigger tides will run alot faster ,always take a dog with you i think that should be a rule in all clubs to have a dog when fowling .you can learn alot off your dog like last thing at night he will see things before you do.at first light and at last light.also understand the quarry that you want to shoot ie: flight paths,feeding habits,etc.when you get home from a fowling trip write everything down ;what ducks were doing,tide time,wind direction and speed,your bag amount,and shots because most clubs now days require a bag return at the end of a season and also you can look back on it and use it as knowledge.so if the same conditions came up again you would know where to go again.i think thats enough for now sorry if i bored you with these details but i hope it has been a help.if you want any wildfowling equipment try TIDEPOOL WILDFOWLING as he will cover all your needs for wildfowling.

is it shoulder gunning or punting you are interested in ?

hi all many thanks fr the help have been down to thew fore shore and had a few reccys i do shoulder gunning mate but would love to see punt gunning in action any body know of any good websites for tips and the like i have three gun dogs two labs and a springer but my bitch lab is superb at working no fear and very inteligent again thank you for all the advice :D

Guest foxyforce1

Good luck with the Upper forth wildfowlers mate, i was a member and the only time i heard from them was to get my subscription after a year, needless to say i went solo after that...have a good season.

thanks all for all the help good to see that there are some good eggs out ther who are not selfish in sharring tips and trick cant wait for the season to start would love a nice goose for xmas dinner would top it all off anything else is a bonus but that would be great

again thank you all and hope this season brings you all a full bag if not hope you all enjoy your self