Stuffed rolled rabbit.

How did you do the stuffing Tiercel?

Used 2 crusts and a plain slice of toasting loaf, to make the breadcrumbs 2 small onions and 2 cloves of garlic blitzed in the blender, added those to the breadcrumbs. Then added some herbs (whatever was at hand without having to dig in the cuboard). This week I done the same but blitzed half a dozem mushrooms in the blender and added those as well. Next one I do I will make a force meat stuffing with a couple of pigeon breasts and some sausage meat, that should be intresting.

TC

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a hankering for rabbit today, but wanted something different. So I had a deboned rabbit and stuffed it with smoked bacon and a garlic and herb stuffing.   The deboned rabbit.     A layer of

Pretty good video on youtube showing you how to do it.  

looks like having the iphone handy for when I'm doing it. It sounds bad, but I've watched the vid a few times now and I think I'm gradually comitting it to memory!   You don't have to worry about

How did you do the stuffing Tiercel?

Used 2 crusts and a plain slice of toasting loaf, to make the breadcrumbs 2 small onions and 2 cloves of garlic blitzed in the blender, added those to the breadcrumbs. Then added some herbs (whatever was at hand without having to dig in the cuboard). This week I done the same but blitzed half a dozem mushrooms in the blender and added those as well. Next one I do I will make a force meat stuffing with a couple of pigeon breasts and some sausage meat, that should be intresting.

TC

Thanks for that TC, your future experiments sound promising too!

Now I just need a rabbit or two to practise boning them out (been hitting the pigeons lately and neglecting the bunny section of the game freezer),

Thanks for that TC, your future experiments sound promising too!

Now I just need a rabbit or two to practise boning them out (been hitting the pigeons lately and neglecting the bunny section of the game freezer),

The first rabbit I boned out ended up in the ferrets :laugh: I used the video above to do the second one, and it was a lot better. The third one I done I wrote down key methods from the video and had it beside me when I boned the rabbit out. It was a lot easier as I knew where I had to go next.

Something like scrape ribs, cut along backbone and cut through back leg hip joint, Just pointers what you should be doing next. I still have to use the notes but am getting better at it. As long as you get most of the meat off the bones it does not really matter what it looks like inside, as that is rolled.

As far as the stuffing is concerned you put what you like in, if you like cranberries stick them in. Just remember to season the stuffing, not like me sometimes :blink::icon_redface:

TC

looks like having the iphone handy for when I'm doing it.

It sounds bad, but I've watched the vid a few times now and I think I'm gradually comitting it to memory! :blink::yes:

You don't have to worry about me seasoning things lol! I sometimes season my seasoning!

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you do the force meat stuffing one, try using dried mushrooms, once soaked use the remaining liquor and the rabbit bones to make a stock sieve removing all bones and then reduce by half then whisk in some brandy and cream a few of the shrooms and season to taste

Serve that with it I reckon it will go a treat.

• 2 weeks later...

had a crack at this last night but made a pigs arse of deboning, not as easy as it looks it the vid, so made the best of a bad job, mixed the pork stuffing and rabbit pieces, lined a loaf tin with the smoked bacon, cover top with bacon also and turned it into a nice meatloaf, lovely cold with a nice relish, not a patch on the recipe but tasty all the same.

• Like 1