snipercam ratting footage

• 2 weeks later...

Is it this video theres a few on there ? whats the led your using? great footage bye the way nice to see someone shooting rats at distance for a change :thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kky63EVoyQg

I have no idea who this is aimed at, but why would you want to shoot something at a range that makes the "Kill area" smaller than it needs to be. Just to prove that you are a better aim than someone else, or is it that in your eyes an injured rat is acceptable?. If you see the person or persons (the people who your remark was aimed at) posting say rabbit shooting at say 50 metres, would you like someone else to have a go at shooting rabbits at say 75 metres.

It might offend some people but i will do and always will try to take a shot at distance that i feel comfortable of a kill. If this sport has now become a sport of "one upmanship" with the chance of leaving an injured animal, just so i can boast that i shot at (fill in what species and at what distance) here. Then i will either give up or take up target shooting, that way i will not leave injured animals everywhere.

Roger

• Like 1

''but why would you want to shoot something at a range that makes the "Kill area" smaller than it needs to be''

theres a lot of lagit reasons including erganomics. bare in mind when you get to a certain skill leval (comes with time in) it isnt the distance thats the problem, its how far will it kill efeciently.

one sinario is taking an hour to get round to that peg, to shoot one rat, then sneek all the way back to get another single shot in, meanwhile everything from here to burrow on fernace is more than aware your there...or sat in cumfy like nailing them in two's n three's..one way is a romantic waist of time the other proves more than affective.

efitted in...

ok here goes, if you try half heartedly you can actualy work out to a 5 inch kill zone, after doing all the clever maths and adding it in various ways yes theres a 5 inch kill zone!! now try hitting a 1 3/4 inch head in the middle! lol..so basically, after working out that haleys commits pull will make you miss 5 times out 6, and the 6'th must be a fluke...oh pack up and give me your gear lolol..!!

theres a couple three ways of diong this, one is gem up on the magazines, list up on all the forums and talk it to death abut how crap you are and how you cant this cant that cant that the effert cant because its not safe its stupid daft imposable too risky nowt cant hit it too far blagh blagh feckin blagh...

or..i'm great i am brill best in world i can hit any thing cuz im brill i am cant miss a thing..ffff still bollox chopsin the breeze lolol!! still cant hit the side of a budgey at 10 feet (because the home work wasnt done correctly..and the hours or reality were never there in the bollox chopsin faize let alone in real life).

or...actualy see what you can acheive, with nothing more than you..the gun..and hours put in.(involves a reality that only covers your own ability though).

any public literature like a magazine is there to entertain, it's poetic romatatasism..the great hero could leap mountains but you can barely step up a curb...

any great 'discussion' is about browny points and beeing de man, so women cant do it etc etc..when its found that just any woman but most are better snipers than men the whole world falls apart, bubbles are busrt and that fabled 'reasoning' of why you CANT do it becomes the new god movement..

its all bollox! YES YOU CAN DO IT lmao!! and all that without your neighbors limiting aproval too.

but heres the stinger..REALITY NEEDS TO BE ACTUALY REAL...

try 11 months with a zero miss on a kill shot..out to 80 yards on open sights. hmm let me gues, i cant do that! but i was doing for 11 months!

the real art here is gettng the doubts into some one elses mind to limit them. thats all.

reality meets poetry, romance and bull shit. some where in the middle is some dood saying what? i cant do that? oh right i better not do it then.

what can YOU do... not what can i do when some one else desides it for me.(and theres some real physical limits, as in actual practibility like a .177 decreeses velocity (worked in 'accelerasion' over distance and time..a crap barrel will not produce a one holer with a crap pellet..a good shooter will tighten that gap up, but, against the 'posability' of static on paper theories.

ooo its so anoying

Edited by ghillies