Ferret boxes and ferret trek pack made to order

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just an observation. You state that a normal box pulls you to one side, not if you balance it out with a bag of nets! Looks good but how do you carry the rest of your stuff?

looks good bit like a tall boy lol good luck with it

I like the idea, I think the triple back pack is to big? I wouldn't mind seeing a double tier version that could hold 2 or 3 ferrets? And about 40 nets? Could you make one mate? Chris

Posted Images

I like the idea, I think the triple back pack is to big? I wouldn't mind seeing a double tier version that could hold 2 or 3 ferrets? And about 40 nets? Could you make one mate?

Chris

• Like 1

Best of luck with your boxes. I like the idea of your trek pack and it does look smart but as already said a little on the large side.

You have either got a shed load of cheap wood and fixings or a planning to shift a lot. There is not a lot of money left in it for you at twenty two nicker a box.

Atb

Cheers for the posts! Like I said before and I will repeat myself Again. These can be made to other sizes. The one in the picture was already sold and made to order! Pipa theres a small double trek pack being made for someone at the moment so as soon as its finished ill put a picture on!

Ive been ferreting for many years and carrying a load of heavy gear round is a pain in the arse! moxy I've not commented on your boxes as not to spoil your thread! my boxes were made to be light weight.

Ive been ferreting for many years and carrying a load of heavy gear round is a pain in the arse! moxy I've not commented on your boxes as not to spoil your thread! my boxes were made to be light weight.

Fair play bb but no malice was intended with my comment and apologies if it came across like that to you. In no way at all am I commenting to spoil your thread.

I'm always open to criticism.

Like you say it takes your own experiences to come up with an idea to make things easier whilst out in field.

Atb mick

the trek pack is good idea evryting in one all u need to carry is a spade and bar can u make it with indivdual boxes in one section to put the ferrets in to reduce the size may be a 2 storey one but one section dived in to 2 or 3 compartments

my mate just been round and commented how good the idea was. if you made it a little less wide and put fixings on either side for the spade and t bar then you wouldnt need to carry anything.

splitting a compartment up would be good too.

i have my box on and my rucksack sat ontop of the box. spade in my hand and t bar in the bag.

hmmm when you have made a double one post pics. would be interesting to see.a different scale of it.

nice boxes mate,,like already said i thought the 3 tier was on the large side,but atleast you got off your arse and done somthing about the problem we all have,id like to see the double tier,,think that one would be best split one compartment in two for the ferts,and the other for all your gear nets locators flask ect, good on you mate,nicely made aswel, atb fts

Thanks for the positive comments, I've got a small one being made for someone its the size of two singles, ill put the picture on when finished. But I can certainly make one after. Sold a few smaller boxes now as i think they are the right money! Cheers folks

Make some small,strong,thin,lightweight,wooden boxes with top opening hinges and loads of ventilation..That will fit into the bottom of a standard sized rucksak..maybe slightly rounded or even oblong in shape... big enough for 1 hob or 2 small/average type Jills.. . .stealth boxes.. ive got one in plastic...but wood would make a better more breathable box.

Ferret in bottom of rucksack..bag of nets on top..collars,locators,flask,butties..etc etc...and Spade if you cut one down..all in one bag..looking like your out for a stroll.

I bet you would sell more of them than the big multi layered box... Dont get me wrong matey...it would be ok if your walking about on your permission and have a lot of gear to hump about.

But theres lots of ferreters who like to travel a light as possible with a coulple of ferts in there bag and a kit bag that weighs as little as poss. . with a very small spade or a good fold up this can be achieved...but its always the ferret box thats the hardest thing to compensate for..

Think small,deep.strong...I,ll have one...please.