sparrow hawk from kitchen window

Just looked out to see this,You cannot see from the picture but through binoculars it looks like a young pigeon about to leave the nest.Parent pigeon is flapping around either injured or pretending to be.If its not per tending it will be ferret food when the hawk has finished her feed.phil189.jpg

phil190.jpg

phil188.jpg

phil183.jpgphil182.jpg

phil181.jpg

phil185.jpg

Edited by weasle
  • Like 12

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just looked out to see this,You cannot see from the picture but through binoculars it looks like a young pigeon about to leave the nest.Parent pigeon is flapping around either injured or pretending to

Well it was a chaffy

Here you go Romany these are old picture's that you might of seen..        

Posted Images

good pics, cracking birds :thumbs: one flew straight between me and a neighbor whilst talking the other wk, we were stood about 3ft from one another when it came over fence and flew at our knee level, you could feel the draft as it flew past and it was that fast if you'd of blinked you'd of mist it and probably broke one of our legs if it had hit one of us :laugh:

great pics mate but i bloody hate them things i think they need numbers controlled just my opinion tho -billy

A lot do think that,maybe rightly so,Fine line though between control and persecution.

Yes paulas see that one alot and seen plenty of evidence of other pigeons shes caught,First time Ive seen her in action though.

Always makes my day to see them to be honest especially in a car when they flip over the hedge in front of you before flipping back over a couple of 100 yards further down,You really appreciate then just how fast they travel.

• Like 1

great pics mate but i bloody hate them things i think they need numbers controlled just my opinion tho -billy

A lot do think that,maybe rightly so,Fine line though between control and persecution.

Yes paulas see that one alot and seen plenty of evidence of other pigeons shes caught,First time Ive seen her in action though.

Always makes my day to see them to be honest especially in a car when they flip over the hedge in front of you before flipping back over a couple of 100 yards further down,You really appreciate then just how fast they travel.

i flew a few in my younger years, best times i ever had if im honest,

I flew one for a season didn't really have the experience though truth be told, found her hard work.....By then though i was totally addicted to the dogs so stopped flying the birds.

Edited by weasle

I flew one for a season didnt really have the expiarence though truth be told, found her hard work.....By then though i was totally addicted to the dogs so stopped flying the birds.

they are not the easiest to fly thats for sure, but when done properly they are one of the most rewarding, must admit i moved onto dogs after but that was well over 30 years ago :icon_redface::laugh:

I flew one for a season didnt really have the expiarence though truth be told, found her hard work.....By then though i was totally addicted to the dogs so stopped flying the birds.

they are not the easiest to fly thats for sure, but when done properly they are one of the most rewarding, must admit i moved onto dogs after but that was well over 30 years ago :icon_redface::laugh:

old b*stard :laugh: