which night vision

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jamie82 I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I'm looking at spending a max of £500 and am looking at all angles.

The trouble with the ns50 and ns200 hundred from what I can gather they aren't water resistant and throw a lot of light back in your face making you visible.

I have made nv with cameras and lamps and to be honest it's only good out to about 50yrds.

I read the labels on the night vision boxes and most say recognition 100m but from the information I can gather it's approx just under half that distance for accurate shot placement.

I'm afraid we either have to stop being tight and spend more or stick to the old lamp and filters.

Buy a NS200 and fit the screen forward as I do with mine. Also Nite Site produce packs of 5 screen filters now to dull the glow for around £7.

I dont have trouble with glow or ir flare on my setup and have shot rabbits with it at close and far ranges.

The other night my shooting partner Davy shot a rabbit with his HW100 T that I passed at 69 large paces.

This rabbit was very clear at this range and we could see the whole outline easily.

Im not a fox shooter but could easily see the NS200 seeing a whole fox outline over 120 to 150 yards.

Si.

Edited by zini

Looked at and tried nitehunter snyper cam, Both ns50 & ns200, :hmm:

But much preferred My Pulsar N550 By a long Mile, Okay at Day shooting But for Me

the Image and shooting position were the priorities the other systems remind Me to much of shooting

My Sony HD with nightshot and ir300 laser. :yes:

Plus i got the N550 for £543 with the pulsar 940nm torch which is invisible to the eye so result. ;)

atvb Daz 7.

Edited by Daz 7

Buy the NiteSite 50. If you then find you do a lot of night shooting, and enjoy it, go for a Archer Starlight with the Firefly IR. That's what i got. It cost, a couple of years a go, £1667 all in. Can't fault it. Batteries last for ages, unlike some N'V set ups that eat them. You can use it as a spotting monocular, when you see your target you just slip it on the back of the scope and away you go!. It comes with a butt extender so your eye is not too close to the unit, and it still feels, and looks, natural to use. I have the Pulsar N550 as well and that never gets a look in now. I know it's got the 'one shot zero' but you still have to keep changing scopes for day and night shooting. It also goes through batteries like thy're going out of fashion. The pulsar N550 is a good unit, but it's always the Archer that gets taken out.

theres a few DIY sections on a few forums

http://www.airgunfor...-vision-optics/ is one, theres a few bits on the airgun BBS that bans everybody randomly etc.

if you want to see some real childish 'we got one one you cant have it', find the american nightvision forums, be warned though, most are sellers developing a captive audience lol.. you'll see as you read through them.

Edited by ghillies