Videos

Guest cathgart

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tonedog

My "theory" only suggested that seeing a dog dominate a small pig doesn't mean it couldn't hunt a big pig. A doesn't = B in this instance.

What would a dog which could hunt a big pig do with a small pig? Not lug it?

Doesn't make sense to see a dog own a small pig emphatically and then say it wouldn't have a chance with a big pig, just because it happened to be on a small pig.

I've seen lions get rocked by warthogs too :clapper: good sh!t.

I disagree with your theory.

Big dogs are harder to throw around. Small dogs can get thrashed into trees.

This is if we're talking luggers. With bay dogs bigger dogs are just a bigger slower target, but if the dogs going to torpedo in and grab hold a heavier dog is in better stead to endure the ride. Mainly because it's weight will reduce how wild the ride will be.

ok, we have some experiences with dogo argentino, pitbulls, bullterriers and the result is in our conditions smaller is better, y ll be supprised if y see our jag terriers they are much more touqher than most of dogs y ever seen. we also use bigger dogs like Slovak Kopov, but not that huge like yours, we ve special places for training, more than 300 years of traditions and experiences. dogs like yours never have chance, may be they would be succesfull once or twice but then y d find the dead if y find them.

ok we have here dogs like turkmen alabai or caucasian owcharka which are two times bigger, wilder,powerfull than y dogs, same result.

remeber one of the sadnest things for hunter is to see passing his dog away

Matulkoh,

Those lads breed their dogs for their own conditions and their own pigs and they do bloody well with them. Their type of hunting is different to yours mate and their pigs are different to yours too. I've hunted boars with bailers (baying) and luggers and more often than not have hunted with dogs that do the finding and lugging all by themselves. The dog are not supposed to FIGHT the pig mate, which is why many pure breds like pits and bullies are crossed as a fighter doesn't last very long at all. The dogs lug the pig and position themselves to stay out of the way, usually laying their body up against the pigs and staying away from the ivory. That's how it works mate. So all your remarks about your dogs would die after a few occasions might not be so true if you get my point. The boys I have hunted with use the dogs to hold the boar and then despatch them with a knife and they laughed when I asked where the rifle was! The boar hunting I have done in Europe is a totally different kettle of fish, using hounds and terriers to flush to the guns or keep them at bay until a gun arrives on the scene.

I think you'd be better looking into what these boys do when they go hunting and how they use their dogs before you start shooting your mouth off mate. There's boys on here and on Boardogs that have a lifetime of hunting behind them and for you to sit there and say their dogs aren't up to the job without even having any idea of what they do is disrespectful in the extreme in my eyes.

Matulkunt starts his dog's off on these first though....c'mon Stabs give him some credit....  :icon_eek:

he surely knows what he's on about ...... :yes:

i did that once few years ago, how i said we have them in shops like food for snakes, so what? no rats, by the way whats the difference? pigs are better?

i didnt mean that the dogs or hunters are doing bad job i just mentioned that they are not suitable for our condition, thats all.

in their county bigger better, here bigger or slower= dead.

i didnt mean that the dogs or hunters are doing bad job i just mentioned that they are not suitable for our condition, thats all.

That's not strictly true though Matulkoh otherswise they'd all be running Great Danes or English Mastiffs. It's true you do need some size to pull up a good sized boar, but then again, you don't hunt like that so you don't need the size. I've seen little dogs used over in Australia for flushing pork out of the brambles but that's so that the bigger dogs can grab hold. In that situation you'd probably use a gun, that's where you guys differ. A Bedlington isn't going to be much use in holding a pig so that you can stick it, so they use the dogs they've got and for the most, do a proper good job of it. Horses for courses mate.

wszystkiego nailepszego

Udanych polowan

Guest Tonedog
i did that once few years ago, how i said we have them in shops like food for snakes, so what? no rats, by the way whats the difference? pigs are better?

Ahh, the pig is a worthy adversary, and store bought guinea pigs aren't. Maybe that's the difference? :sick:

Guess you need to be of british ancestry to understand, Samuel white baker explains;

"THE LOVE OF SPORT is a feeling inherent in most Englishmen, and whether in the chase, or with the rod or gun, they far excel all other nations. In fact, the definition of this feeling cannot be understood by many foreigners. We are frequently ridiculed for fox-hunting: 'What for all dis people, dis horses, dis many dog? dis leetle (how you call him?) dis "fox" for to catch? ha! you eat dis creature; he vary fat and fine?'

This is a foreigner's notion of the chase; he hunts for the pot; and by Englishmen alone is the glorious feeling shared of true, fair, and manly sport. The character of the nation is beautifully displayed in all our rules for hunting, shooting, fishing, fighting, etc.; a feeling of fair play pervades every amusement. Who would shoot a hare in form? who would net a trout stream? who would hit a man when down? A Frenchman would do all these things, and might be no bad fellow after all. It would be HIS way of doing it. His notion would be to make use of an advantage when an opportunity offered. He would think it folly to give the hare a chance of running when he could shoot her sitting; he would make an excellent dish of all the trout he could snare; and as to hitting his man when down, he would think it madness to allow him to get up again until he had put him hors de combat by jumping on him. Their notions of sporting and ours, then, widely differ; they take every advantage, while we give every advantage; they delight in the certainty of killing, while our pleasure consists in the chance of the animal escaping. "

Online book "The rifle and hound in ceylon" by samuel white baker

:11: Don't you love how people used to talk before political correctness came about.

Matulkoh,

Sounds like a zany way of hunting pigs you got there, I too should have learned more before spouting off.

We're talking about 2 very different things from what I can gather.

Good luck with your hunting, but leave the guinea pigs alone mate :11:

Ahh, the pig is a worthy adversary, and store bought guinea pigs aren't. Maybe that's the difference? :sick:

Guess you need to be of british ancestry to understand, Samuel white baker explains;

"THE LOVE OF SPORT is a feeling inherent in most Englishmen, and whether in the chase, or with the rod or gun, they far excel all other nations. In fact, the definition of this feeling cannot be understood by many foreigners. We are frequently ridiculed for fox-hunting: 'What for all dis people, dis horses, dis many dog? dis leetle (how you call him?) dis "fox" for to catch? ha! you eat dis creature; he vary fat and fine?'

This is a foreigner's notion of the chase; he hunts for the pot; and by Englishmen alone is the glorious feeling shared of true, fair, and manly sport. The character of the nation is beautifully displayed in all our rules for hunting, shooting, fishing, fighting, etc.; a feeling of fair play pervades every amusement. Who would shoot a hare in form? who would net a trout stream? who would hit a man when down? A Frenchman would do all these things, and might be no bad fellow after all. It would be HIS way of doing it. His notion would be to make use of an advantage when an opportunity offered. He would think it folly to give the hare a chance of running when he could shoot her sitting; he would make an excellent dish of all the trout he could snare; and as to hitting his man when down, he would think it madness to allow him to get up again until he had put him hors de combat by jumping on him. Their notions of sporting and ours, then, widely differ; they take every advantage, while we give every advantage; they delight in the certainty of killing, while our pleasure consists in the chance of the animal escaping. "

Online book "The rifle and hound in ceylon" by samuel white baker

:11: Don't you love how people used to talk before political correctness came about.

Matulkoh,

Sounds like a zany way of hunting pigs you got there, I too should have learned more before spouting off.

We're talking about 2 very different things from what I can gather.

Good luck with your hunting, but leave the guinea pigs alone mate :11:

sure man, and thanks, nice speech. i hope i ll have chance to go hunting in y country and learn something new.

thanks

good hunt

That's not strictly true though Matulkoh otherswise they'd all be running Great Danes or English Mastiffs. It's true you do need some size to pull up a good sized boar, but then again, you don't hunt like that so you don't need the size. I've seen little dogs used over in Australia for flushing pork out of the brambles but that's so that the bigger dogs can grab hold. In that situation you'd probably use a gun, that's where you guys differ. A Bedlington isn't going to be much use in holding a pig so that you can stick it, so they use the dogs they've got and for the most, do a proper good job of it. Horses for courses mate.

wszystkiego nailepszego

Udanych polowan

are y polish?