Is this a good deal ?

Hi

I only shoot shotguns occasionally as my main interest is air rifles. I hunt with a semi auto but I have been trying out clays on the odd Sunday at Kinver. I do quite enjoy clays so I thought I might get an U/O. I really dont want to spend too much on shotguns and think that the semi and O/U would pretty much keep me satisfied in the shotgun department. So I have been looking for an inexpensive O/U and had a look at this one today.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Shotgun/Lanber-Sporting-gun-for-sale-gs95106.aspx

It is a nice gun that appears to have been looked after. It has a few minor marks to the stock and very small marks at the tip of the barrels. I don't know enough about shotguns or Lanbers, so I would appreciate any thoughts you might have. Thanks. Coop

Im gonna come down that Kinver place one day :D

You can come over with me Craig . Drop into mine and I will take you over any time you want mate. The HFT course is good , not too challenging, with a couple of 50s and a 65 for fun. All set in woods on a hill. The clay shooting is challenging and I quite enjoy having the choice of the two. It's only 30 mins from mine and you'll see some of the Penkridge lads there.

Im gonna come down that Kinver place one day :D

You can come over with me Craig . Drop into mine and I will take you over any time you want mate. The HFT course is good , not too challenging, with a couple of 50s and a 65 for fun. All set in woods on a hill. The clay shooting is challenging and I quite enjoy having the choice of the two. It's only 30 mins from mine and you'll see some of the Penkridge lads there.

Be careful , ive been known to take the odd stranger up on certain offers :laugh:

Well I decided to buy the Lanbar but not at the advertised price of £450 . I had already enquired if there was any discount on the gun and was informed that £440 was the offer price. After careful consideration of both the condition of the gun and the lack of history that i felt the shop should have had . I decided that I would see if the shop would accept a bid of £425 (that's only a saving of £15 on the salesman's asking price and £25 on the advertised price ) . I rang the shop and made it clear that I would like the gun but also outlined my reasons for not wanting to pay the full asking price. I asked if they would take a cash offer of £425 and was turned down flat . So guess what ? I am still looking and the shop still has a gun for sale . Poor outcome I think considering the small discount I was asking for.

Agreed Coop . A small discount , and it was small lets be honest , could have got them a sale .............

Never mind buddy , you keep using them shotty things , and i`ll borrow that GML from you :whistling:

It could be said that I have missed a good gun for just £15 but I think Gnome was right £400 is its worth so I was prepared to give a bit but the shop wasn't . That narked me a bit and when that happens I can get a bit Black Country if you know what I mean :-)

If you come over to Kinver I might just let you shoot the course with the last (real) and best GML built , but there is a disclaimer . It will make you want to sell your soul to get one lol