This isn't strictly the correct section but it's a hand made knife and theres plenty here know there shit re knives.

Opening shoot on Saturday and one of the guns, an old boy, gifted me an immaculate pat mitchell clip point sheath knife. He was given it a while ago and wanted to give it to someone that would actually get some use out of it.

I was just wondering if anyone had any info on these knives? It looks a beauty, I'll try and get some pics up later.

FAO Midnight, I'm still keen a feck to have the knife you're crafting for me! :thumbs:

I've had a scan of google and found Stuart Mitchell's site, but it's a bit brief.

The edge on the blade at the minute is shite, I should think it's been used for minor stuff and never in it's life sharpened so just dulled it off. I need to put a decent 20o edge on it and hopefully have a very useable knife.

Anyone know the steel used?

I've had a scan of google and found Stuart Mitchell's site, but it's a bit brief.

The edge on the blade at the minute is shite, I should think it's been used for minor stuff and never in it's life sharpened so just dulled it off. I need to put a decent 20o edge on it and hopefully have a very useable knife.

pm matt(midnight) he knows far more than me there was a bbc2 programme with that dick craven here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ntkz8
  • Like 1

pm matt(midnight) he knows far more than me there was a bbc2 programme with that dick craven here http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p00ntkz8

He's making me something a bit special so I'll run it by him next time we speak. :thumbs:

ive got a couple of knives made by stuart couple of years ago, think hed only recently taken over from his dad, really good service.not sure what metal he used but holds a good edge but is a knightmare to re sharpen you have to keep on top of it

pm matt(midnight) he knows far more than me there was a bbc2 programme with that dick craven here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ntkz8

think I saw that paul and ye craven is a dick haha

poor old pat and her husband are both dead, the busines closes 1997 . although there son stuart still makes knives they are leauge apart stuart is a world class maker and only uses the best of anything and he is very very skilled guy .prices starte at about £350

the pat mitchel that paulus showed looked very very differant and the finish was poor and i could never get an edge on it .

so i totaly re worked it and now its much much better .

they retailed in the £55 to£100 range from what i understand but probably collectable with the history of it , is the sheath horible ?

nice gift tho !!

I'll get a picture up tomorrow Matt. When you say horrible, do you mean ugly or in bad state? The whole thing is immaculate, like it's just come out the shop. I assume the sheath is original, it's nothing fancy, just a simple stitched leather pouch type.

It's got Sheffield, Pat Mitchell, Handmade printed on the blade but I'll get a pic up tomorrow morning.

Do you think it's a decent usable knife? If I can't get a shaving edge on it it's a substandard blade as far as I'm concerned, but I haven't tried yet.

Yes its a very good read, and good knives, but having said that,- from what i know now, about his steels, and quality of production, his knives and blades, i don't think you will get better than Matts (Midnight) off this site. His will stand against any of the "top" names in my opinion.