• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 lurcherman234

lurcherman234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:06 am

if your using an air rifle you want the wind in your face because pigeons land into the wind so when they touch down they will be facing away from gives you an extra second to get a shot off good luck 

#2 toby63

toby63

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,673 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:49 pm

if it was me id be waiting in wood close to trees where theres plenty of ivy on them.an hour before dark.

#3 Bigad

Bigad

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:40 am

Look in the video section on here some one has found links to John darling video he shows you how to go about decoying with an air rifle

#4 stubby

stubby

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:32 am

having you describe the area your shooting, Id say go shoot squirrels, for two reasons

1st squirrels are classed as pests 100% of the time, you can shoot them whenever, so setting up a hide and feeding station within the trees will give you success and your perfectly legal

2nd, give up the pigeon shooting, as from what you describe, your in fact totally illegal at the moment, pigeons are not classed as pests all of the time, the general license allows us to shoot them in certain circumstances, reading your description, I cant see any of the conditions being met, saying "I didn't know" to a judge will not get you off the hook, read the general license, that's what its there for to keep us legal

my bad, just seen the age of this post!!!!! what is it with people bringing old posts up again  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Edited by stubby, 29 January 2014 - 09:35 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users