THE BIG TON... And moster bags

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

listen mate im by far an expert on dog health or anything to do with dog's to be honest but i like to put a bit of effortinto what the dog eats epecially as she was graffting hard. i like the hill's

Can it be done? Is it possible? Everybody has there own ideas....... But now we have the answer.   3 lads I know have been away for a few days up north,,, the first night Monday they had 110 ,with

just been having an interesting read and its funny how folk make so many assumptions WITHOUT knowing ANY of the facts, for the lads who say it's boring then feel free to go read the post's about let'

what a bag!!!!!!! just done a bit of maths and thats roughly 1 rabbit every two minutes. i'll have to see that to belive it i'm afraid. it's just thats more rabbits than i see in a season.

Tell me how you come to that maths calculation,,,, I don't remember putting up a time scale. Cheers Tomo

• Like 2

Iam sure numbers like this Tomo the lads must of been out from dusk till dawn running....

Well i for one dont doubt a word of it. Iam sure it was a cracking couple of days on the rabbits and great craic too be had. Wonder if this topic hits the TON (Before its deleted) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 3

Would not mind a trip to land like that just to see it for myself...

Its massive tally, on my local permission a good dog would be doing well if it got into twentys..

Having to have long slips and ground favours the rabbits with dips that break the beam and bottomless hedges..

Hope they do post some pictures of the dogs and the land they lamped on and in contrast stated what their dogs do on a regular basis locally..

Even if the rabbits were easy, the dogs still must of been fit and in good condition bet the rabbits never just jumped in their bags :laugh:

Well done :victory:

hope they aint pulled your leg Tomo :icon_redface:

:laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

it says 110 on first night with 3 dogs mate if one dog done 101 thats impressive

either way that some amount of bunnies fair play that would be my tally for a season lol

Is it not clear"..............?

First night,,, 3 dogs running,,, 110 was the total,,,,, I don't know the individual scores that night apart from 1 dog ,,, she had 39.

The second night ,,,, 4 dogs ran,,,,,,,, first dog had. 101',,,, second dog. 62,,,,,third dog 49',,,, forth dog,,, 19. Total 231

ok :icon_redface: thought you said first night well done lads

havent read anywhere on the thread that no one belives them look forward to hearing the final tally fairplay to them do they just lamp or run the dog during the day and if they do what are the nunbers in day time with the dogs working the ground ? atb

do they not work there dogs up there during the day ?

Would not mind a trip to land like that just to see it for myself...

Its massive tally, on my local permission a good dog would be doing well if it got into twentys..

Having to have long slips and ground favours the rabbits with dips that break the beam and bottomless hedges..

Hope they do post some pictures of the dogs and the land they lamped on and in contrast stated what their dogs do on a regular basis locally..

Even if the rabbits were easy, the dogs still must of been fit and in good condition bet the rabbits never just jumped in their bags :laugh:

Well done :victory:

hope they aint pulled your leg Tomo :icon_redface:

:laugh: :laugh:

Thats my attuide too it Giro, The dogs have still have too do a bit of running they anit just jumping in the bag no matter how easy or hard they are.

And i agree with id like too see them sort of vast numbers for myself and have a bash, Cause i honestly couldnt catch that in a month of ferreting/lamping round me.

hear goes tomo mate. i worked out that at this time of year theres roughly 8 hours of darkness thats 480mins. you stated on the second night they caught 231 rabbits (rounded up to 240) 480 /240=2 thats one rabbit every two minutes. didn't mean to affend you mate but surley you'll understand that some people would find it hard to belive

Edited by R.A.W
  • Like 1

hear goes tomo mate. i worked out that at this time of year theres roughly 8 hours of darkness thats 480mins. you stated on the second night they caught 238 rabbits (rounded up to 240) 480 /240=2 thats one rabbit every two minutes. didn't mean to affend you mate but surley you'll understand that some people would find it hard to belive

Yeah but thats between 4 dogs being run separately, so one rabbit every 8 minutes per dog is it not? If they are covering the ground separately

Edited by lapin2008

havent read anywhere on the thread that no one belives them look forward to hearing the final tally fairplay to them do they just lamp or run the dog during the day and if they do what are the nunbers in day time with the dogs working the ground ? atb

do they not work there dogs up there during the day ?

They went up for a hunting type holiday,,,, to be honest with three nights lamping , they let the dogs rest in the day,,,,they did take two ferrets,,, but they stayed in the cage,,,, as the lads were to knackered to hunt all day,,,,,, they did say had they ferreted,,, they think they could have cought double in the time they were there.

• Like 2

hear goes tomo mate. i worked out that at this time of year theres roughly 8 hours of darkness thats 480mins. you stated on the second night they caught 231 rabbits (rounded up to 240) 480 /240=2 thats one rabbit every two minutes. didn't mean to affend you mate but surley you'll understand that some people would find it hard to belive

So, going by your calculation; the dog that did 101 would have caught one rabbit every 4 to 5 minutes ? :thumbs:

Cheers.

But you have forgot to put in the equation the 4 dogs,,, or perhaps 3 men splitting up,,, that triples the time

• Like 1