Hi Guys,..

Been doing a lot of shotgun work lately...we have killed 50 odd jack rabbits this week alone...

Ive been feeding them to the dogs, and they of course look REALY well on this flesh diet...plus they love it!

I was wondering last night on the way home from Lamping, will the lead shot cause any harm to the dogs if eaten!?...i remove as much as i can, and any that are hit to bad, i leave for Mr. Wily..

I never had any ill effects when feeding my ferrets on shot gunned rabbits...i did notice that it passed clean through them, coz when i cleaned them out, i could here the shot falling from the shit as i put it in thhe crap bucket!..lol.

Will it be the same for dogs?...i havent noticed any ill effects, and the dogs look great on it...it would be a shame to waste meat like that, and its cheaper to feed them flesh than dog grub...last night for example cost me about $2 for 12 jack rabbits!..lol.

I go out with a group of lads..none of which are dogging folk, so they dont mind me taking the Hares for myself...which is nice.

Just wondering what you guys thought..i dont want any of my dogs dieing from Lead poisioning or anything!...Dont care about the wifes though!... :11:

Kye..

Never had any trouble with mine. I often find lead shot left over in the bowl. Probably hurts their fillings like it does mine.

PS my mate's dog was accidentally shot and still has shot inside - vet said it would do no harm inside or eaten but never eat tungsten shot - will do damage.