Snipe and Meg lamping rabbits.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jim and myself went up the dales thursday night for a shine i took my pup Meg 14mths and Jim took Snipe,the conditions were near perfect for the job and alltho it did get a little wet towards the en

Cracking night fellahs on the bunnys, Auld Snipe is a dog and a half and too be fair is a credit too Jims dogmanship with feed/condtion ect and still getting out with him thats nearly 12 come X-mas a

few recent piccs of Jims younger dog Ern for the fella who sent me the pm the second picc is from the start of this week from up the dales      

Jim and myself went up the dales thursday night for a shine

i took my pup Meg 14mths and Jim took Snipe,the conditions were near perfect for the job and alltho it did get a little wet towards the end

it was a very enjoyable .The dogs had some great runs and it was great to be out ,, felt like winter

To watch Snipe run, if you didnt know you would never say he is nearly 12yrs old ! he put 32 in the bag .

Meg managed 41 altogether making the total 73 leaving me with alot of skinning and meat mincing to do :icon_eek: .

DSCF0595.jpg

DSCF0597.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

that snipe would make a great stud dog.............................................well proven :yes:

]that snipe would make a great stud dog.............................................well proven :yes:

Has J carried on the line from the old dog? It would be a sin not too, that kind of longevity is testament to a very well put together dog.

Jims had snipe to a few bitches,,, and his young dog is snipes son. Great night fellas, old snipe still keeps doing the job, deffo a credit to jim and his care of the old dog,,,keep the threads coming loftie,, a lot better seeing this stuff, than all the arguing on the other lurcher section

• Like 4

hope you dont mind me asking but how are these dogs bred

no worries ,,

the older dog Jim`s Snipe is colliegrey salukigrey

Ern is out of Sinpe the dam was a bullx bitch

my pup Meg is salukigrey colliegrey x bullgrey :thumbs:

• Like 1

hope you dont mind me asking but how are these dogs bred

no worries ,,

the older dog Jim`s Snipe is colliegrey salukigrey

Ern is out of Sinpe the dam was a bullx bitch

my pup Meg is salukigrey colliegrey x bullgrey :thumbs:

That's some oustanding work there guys. Well done. I'm fairly new to the whole running dog thing and have recently bought a bonnie wee Whippet. How does the dogs cope with such a hard nights work?

]that snipe would make a great stud dog.............................................well proven :yes:

Has J carried on the line from the old dog? It would be a sin not too, that kind of longevity is testament to a very well put together dog.

Jims had snipe to a few bitches,,, and his young dog is snipes son. Great night fellas, old snipe still keeps doing the job, deffo a credit to jim and his care of the old dog,,,keep the threads coming loftie,, a lot better seeing this stuff, than all the arguing on the other lurcher section

Hats off to you lads, Jim and the others, all the best for the up n coming generations. Top dog men :thumbs: