Sign in to follow this  
Millet

Light force Red Filter Modification

i just cut the ends off 2 of the tangs drill a hole in the one thats left and attach a thin piece of nylon from that tang to the hole at the back of the handle, to switch to white light just flick it off and it hangs under the lamp. :thumbs:

Looks a good job millet..

I tried it out last night and it was bang on..i will show you it later on..

To much time on your hands millet :laugh:

Your not wrong there Moscow..but i won't for much longer though when this pup get's going..

To be honest I did it too mine and wised i never, Dont get me wrong i still use it now after two seasons but it throw a circle white beam rim when the filters on and it takes a bit of getting used too, But i do get more range with the hole driled into it than without it

Wish i would of left mine alone now, (Infact mental reminder get a new filter for the season lol)

An expensive cock up with filters at £25 a pop!

To be honest I did it too mine and wised i never, Dont get me wrong i still use it now after two seasons but it throw a circle white beam rim when the filters on and it takes a bit of getting used too, But i do get more range with the hole driled into it than without it

Wish i would of left mine alone now, (Infact mental reminder get a new filter for the season lol)

An expensive cock up with filters at £25 a pop!

your being ripped off at £25

It's already done now folk's and i did not get any step by step picture's..but if it make's you feel any better it's still going strong.. :D

Edited by Millet

I cut all the lugs off my filters, and put one layer of black insulating tape around the edge to stop light spilling back at me. Pocket on my jacket will take the filter that way but it's still a pain in the rear end really.

• Like 1

I cut the lugs of my lance filter, then shamfered the inside of the filter and the outside of the lamp. I have used it all last season and it slips on and off no problem. I also done away with the bungee cable and cigar connector on cable and put a nice bit of soft rubber flex on. I leave it permanently fixed in the battery (Taped) as the conector kept pulling out. Dont have loads of runs so dont ever need to use another battery. Never have any problems with it now.