Part tained gundog

gene66

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for all the info and offer of help, but now got my money back. just told them how small the gundog world is and how big the internet is, I reminded them its hard to get a good reputation and ho

Chap on the door of this "breeder". Ask for your money back or his dog dealing days are over. Explain he has alot more to loose than you.......

now you,v got your money back you should NAME THEM

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

How old is the part trained dog out of intrest

I think the legal rounte is going to be way to costly try to resolve the situ with a more direct approach if you know what I mean

ATB Cookie

How old is the part trained dog out of intrest

I think the legal rounte is going to be way to costly try to resolve the situ with a more direct approach if you know what I mean

ATB Cookie

Just actually................ :whistling:

The dog is 2 1/2yrs old and was used last season, I'm going to see them tomorrow to try and get it sorted. the dog was not showing signs of any ear problems, I had him to my vet who said he was under weight and had skin mites and payed for his antibiotics/medicaded shampoo.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

The dog is 2 1/2yrs old and was used last season, I'm going to see them tomorrow to try and get it sorted. the dog was not showing signs of any ear problems, I had him to my vet who said he was under weight and had skin mites and payed for his antibiotics/medicaded shampoo.

Gene so sorry to here of this story but the old adage of buying somebodies elses problem at 2 1/2 years should sent a message very very few good dogs are sold on at that age.

Even though I feel for you and nobody likes to lose cash and have the heartache of loving a dog only to lose it this way it the poor dogs future.

Chin up and hope it works out for you and the dog ATB Cookie

hi, sorry to hear about your dog..i do think if you should go and bang on the door, and money should be reuturned, if not then the dog should (or a dog) should be given to you.. however i think from you returning the dog youd sooner have the money back and you can set yourself up with a dog.. if you get no joy i would go legal route even contact BASC as they may/should be able to help...

also i think you should NAME AND SHAME, people like that should not be aloud in the business of breeding dogs, i would even report the fact that your dog had mites and insist that any other dogs under that owner should be checked..

i hope it works out for you and you get your money back or atleast the dog...

I think for a two and a half year old dog ,which wouldn't be cheap i would of been looking for more than a few dummy's in a paddock . its up to you are you going to make a stand or get the run about from him ?.

Aahh... the perils of buying a "trained" dog, life is one big learning curve and im sure youll do things differently next time.im on the look out for a trained dog :whistling: i dont suppose you could put his number up for me could you ?.

just be carefull it dont turn a deaf ear :laugh:
  • Like 1

Sorry to say it mate, but you are being conned good style, go and knock on his door and demand your money back, he has sold you a dog under false pretences, telling you it is part trained, as for the ear problem, thats a load of bollocks mate, and not your problem, he has sold you a gun shy dog simple as

I have had gun dogs most of my life, bought part trained and full trained dogs, but allways saw them work in the field, before handing my hard earned cash over, only ever had dealings once, with a gun shy dog, we tried everything in the book to cure it, but at the end of the day we couldnt sort it

Id go and see him face to face , gently shake him by the throat and tell him the error of his ways :thumbs:

As has already been said he has his reputation to consider :whistling:

If he's got half a brain he'll see you right , if not name and shame the shiester all over the web

Cant be slander if its the truth