Part tained gundog

gene66

Hi All,

3 weeks ago I bought a part trained gundog (fox red lab) from a local breeder, I was told it was trained by David Bishop the FT judge.

After a week of settling in and a trip to the vets (under weight and skin mites), I took him out shooting, my friend was 50 or 60 yards away from and when his gun went off the dog ran away. We got the dog back after an hour search and took him home, I contacted the breeder to tell them the dog is gun shy and they told me to take him back the following Monday, which I did for them to have a look at him. We took him out to the field and the breeder told me shoot ny gun, the dog ran off.

The breeder said they were sorry and gave me a cheque, which I left with in good faith. Been informed today the cheque was cancelled, I have contacted the breeder to ask why and have been told the dog has a perforated ear drum and they have to cover the vet bills.

Help please..... Now I have no dog and no money, what can I do???? needs to be legal!!

ATB Gene.

Edited by gene66

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for all the info and offer of help, but now got my money back. just told them how small the gundog world is and how big the internet is, I reminded them its hard to get a good reputation and ho

Chap on the door of this "breeder". Ask for your money back or his dog dealing days are over. Explain he has alot more to loose than you.......

now you,v got your money back you should NAME THEM

Cheers for that, the dog is at there vets undergoing treatment so I can't get it back... and the breeder will not answer my call's.

was there a contract of sale on this dog ?

was there any reciept of payments written out for the dog ?

you have got proof that they gave you a cheque that then bounced so id say things may be in you favour ,

go to the breeders instead of trying to ring them .

the breeder showed me the dog working on dummy's, we could not shoot as a horse was in fold and they only have a paddock. the only time I shot over the dog was when I took him back. I know the have 2 litters of lab's due any day now, pup's to sold as working/field trial....

the breeder showed me the dog working on dummy's, we could not shoot as a horse was in fold and they only have a paddock. the only time I shot over the dog was when I took him back. I know the have 2 litters of lab's due any day now, pup's to sold as working/field trial....

He has alot more to loose than you

Name and shame if you get no joy. :victory: