NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

I think the point is to write like a halfway normal decent person who is into some hunting or field sports.

I hate text talk myself so welcome the governance.

Another suggestion: all the welcoming comments to newcomers - should they really count as posts? There are some who seem to do little but act as a welcome mat with a standard message. Just a thought.

• Like 3

I think the point is to write like a halfway normal decent person who is into some hunting or field sports.

Another suggestion: all the welcoming comments to newcomers - should they really count as posts? There are some who seem to do little but act as a welcome mat with a standard message. Just a thought.

I totally agree Duncan, a new member should at least be introducing themselves with what fieldsports, vermin control, dogs etc they participate in, or have an interest in.

Many that join must be experienced in the field, and only new to the forum, others may be complete novices or even antis.

It should not count for peoples first post to be "I need somewhere to hunt" or just "hello"

As for the same old people welcoming new comers, then that is their choice, in my opinion, because without them some wouldn't get a welcome.

.........but maybe that is because they don't tell us anything about themselves, mmmmmm!

• Like 3

I totally agree Duncan, a new member should at least be introducing themselves with what fieldsports, vermin control, dogs etc they participate in, or have an interest in.

Many that join must be experienced in the field, and only new to the forum, others may be complete novices or even antis.

It should not count for peoples first post to be "I need somewhere to hunt" or just "hello"

As for the same old people welcoming new comers, then that is their choice, in my opinion, because without them some wouldn't get a welcome.

.........but maybe that is because they don't tell us anything about themselves, mmmmmm!

I must confess that I only tend to welcome on board newcomers when there's some kind of description/introduction provided. Other than that, what conversation can there be?

• Like 4

I've only just seen this thread, and what a great idea it is. In my view, a forum is like a group of people in a room together. It makes sense to introduce yourself to the others, with a little bit about what you do, or if you don't actually hunt at the moment, your reasons for joining the forum. You don't have to be a brilliant speaker or writer to introduce yourself, but a few words of explanation help the other people get a handle on who you are.

Long may the 'clean up' continue! :thumbs:

• Like 4