Show us your home-made ferret court!

Guest ARTEMIS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres' ours: 3 tier hutch at rear with bedroom on each level and pipe connecting the layers. Pipes fixed to walls too and thickly layered with straw: they like to sleep out in the summer. LOL

After seing those there's no way i'm displaying my lash up on here!! :icon_redface:

I say be original and keep your eyes open for new things for them to climb in/on/up/under etc.

I keep adding to mine everytime i see something usefull on a skip...bits of pipe, plastic crates,ropes,boxes, bags,suitcases,etc.and add extra boxes all over the place.Then throw them away when worn out.

Mine live in a hutch made from old chest of drawers and play/eat/ poop in a hutch made from pallets and scraps of wood.

So far they haven't threatened to move out because i haven't spent enough money on materials...thank God! :)

Guest MOLLY
I have in my head, that I could build some kind of "run" to put the hutches (or even just one of the hutches) inside, and make it so the ferrets can go in or out whenever they like.

My court has the hutch inside, plus a pair of Millets trousers for them to use as a hammock :D

Bolt it to the floor definately, cos one bad gale and the furts are gone

I fitted clear perspex around the base to prevent Khan weeing into it, nosey noses getting bitten, prevent the sawdust being blown all over and to give protection from winds.

MOLL.

I have in my head, that I could build some kind of "run" to put the hutches (or even just one of the hutches) inside, and make it so the ferrets can go in or out whenever they like.

My court has the hutch inside, plus a pair of Millets trousers for them to use as a hammock :D

Bolt it to the floor definately, cos one bad gale and the furts are gone

I fitted clear perspex around the base to prevent Khan weeing into it, nosey noses getting bitten, prevent the sawdust being blown all over and to give protection from winds.

MOLL.

How on earth did you manage to fit the perspex to the court?? I found even cutting the damn stuff an absolute nightmare!! :blink::blink: Any tips would be appreciated :D