n550 pulsar digisight

hi guys im new to this site was wanting to know if any one has any info on the n550 night vision sight, been thinking about getting one but wanted to know a little more about them, ive seen a few vids on youtube they look good but was looking for a few honest opinions about them. also can you zoom in and out with these sights any info would be appreciated thanks.

Then you will be ok

hi do you have any info on them for me, can you zoom in and out or is just a fixed lens thanks

The mag is fixed at x4.5 which isnt enough for longer range rabbit shooting although for an extra £170 you can buy a Dr Bob lens doubler. My mate has an n550 mounted on his rapid and after having a go with it i did come away impressed but... It gives a great image but does sit high on your rifle. The i.r also eats batterys but the one thing that put me off buying is that its not easy to interchange between rifles. The n550 is also advertised as being able to be used in daylight to but i personally thought the image in daylight was rubbish.

Thats why i bought an ns200 5 minutes to swap between rifles easily useable day or night and half the new price of the n550. That said if an n550 came up cheap enough i would buy one! :thumbs:

Then you will be ok

hi do you have any info on them for me, can you zoom in and out or is just a fixed lens thanks

The mag is fixed at x4.5 which isnt enough for longer range rabbit shooting although for an extra £170 you can buy a Dr Bob lens doubler. My mate has an n550 mounted on his rapid and after having a go with it i did come away impressed but... It gives a great image but does sit high on your rifle. The i.r also eats batterys but the one thing that put me off buying is that its not easy to interchange between rifles. The n550 is also advertised as being able to be used in daylight to but i personally thought the image in daylight was rubbish.

Thats why i bought an ns200 5 minutes to swap between rifles easily useable day or night and half the new price of the n550. That said if an n550 came up cheap enough i would buy one! :thumbs:

thanks optelic2, nice straight answers just [bANNED TEXT] i like and yeah ns200 ive been looking at them to but i just dont know if i would like looking at the screen to shoot and not down the sights how is it for you thanks :victory:
  • Like 1

Then you will be ok

I have owned one for the last 6 months I have several videos on you tube in day time and night and have no problem

fitting this to either my CZ 452 .22LR or CZ 452 .17 HMR its has a one shot zero so no problem to zero it. I do agree it sits slightly high though, but at least I can shoot the rifle from my shoulder, unlike the Ns200 for me.

again there is a big cost difference between the two units. which is a big factor of course.

again yes the Pulsar unit has to be turned on and will use battery life to be used in the day. I use mine day and night.

The Sony doubler which fits in the front can be picked up for as little as £20.00.

I have a N1000 IR AP fitted to it too, this uses one CR123 battery and lasts many night time shoots 3-4 hours a night, switched on all time.

I would strongly say, try one or see if any one local to you has one to view....!

here are some videos of mine during day time, the setting for the brightness was too high by the way on some of these videos.

Take no notice of the time on the screen its wrong and needs setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsjXn-K-I9k&feature=plcp

the closet rabbit is around 90 yrds the ones at back are at 280yrds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEpbH1yqybw&feature=plcp

badger seen here was at about 90yrds

go to 16 seconds to see.

really depends on cost, if using rifle mainly during day or night , most of my shooting is night time, so i have a Night time rig...

hope some of this helps bud.

from some one who has one. feel free to shout if you want more info.

lee

Edited by Jesse James

Then you will be ok

thanks optelic2, nice straight answers just [bANNED TEXT] i like and yeah ns200 ive been looking at them to but i just dont know if i would like looking at the screen to shoot and not down the sights how is it for you thanks :victory:

I have used my ns200 on three different calibres .177 air, 22lr and .17hmr and after over 7 months use on different kinds of vermin really do rate it. I found i very quickly got used to using the screen in the 'heads up' position. I like the fact that the battery also runs the i.r as well as the screen so you havnt got two different power sources.

i also use the ns200 from nite site its easy to set up and can be changed over from one gun to another

in minutes also i own the nite eye system this is the same as the ns200 but cheaper to buy ,

for info google www nite-eye, or watch on youtube piedpiper 361 --Karl is the man who makes the nite eye system

this is an excellent nv system and great value for the price.

atb brian

Then you will be ok

I have owned one for the last 6 months I have several videos on you tube in day time and night and have no problem

fitting this to either my CZ 452 .22LR or CZ 452 .17 HMR its has a one shot zero so no problem to zero it. I do agree it sits slightly high though, but at least I can shoot the rifle from my shoulder, unlike the Ns200 for me.

again there is a big cost difference between the two units. which is a big factor of course.

again yes the Pulsar unit has to be turned on and will use battery life to be used in the day. I use mine day and night.

The Sony doubler which fits in the front can be picked up for as little as £20.00.

I have a N1000 IR AP fitted to it too, this uses one CR123 battery and lasts many night time shoots 3-4 hours a night, switched on all time.

I would strongly say, try one or see if any one local to you has one to view....!

here are some videos of mine during day time, the setting for the brightness was too high by the way on some of these videos.

Take no notice of the time on the screen its wrong and needs setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsjXn-K-I9k&feature=plcp

the closet rabbit is around 90 yrds the ones at back are at 280yrds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEpbH1yqybw&feature=plcp

badger seen here was at about 90yrds

go to 16 seconds to see.

really depends on cost, if using rifle mainly during day or night , most of my shooting is night time, so i have a Night time rig...

hope some of this helps bud.

from some one who has one. feel free to shout if you want more info.

lee

wow that vid of the badger was really good really clear i like the thought of the n550 but just the price still not ruling it out try to find some one close to me to test these out before i buy 1 of the 2 thanks

Why would you buy a Pulsar N550 when you have no permission ?

Your energy is better spent getting some land , then getting used to hunting , before you know it , it`ll be light nights again ..........

just because i dont have land does nt mean i dont shoot friends of mine have permision and go on theres when i can