Looking for unwanted meat...

Er Hi... :bye:

I hope I've posted this in the right place. People in charge - feel free to move this if it's in the wrong section.

This is my very first post so please be gentle with me ;)

I am in Coventry in the Midlands. I feed my dog raw food and I am basically looking for better priced sources for his meat.

Specifially I am after:

Rabbit - preferably whole but skinned

Duck - preferably halved or quartered and again... is "skinned" the right term? Would it be "de-feathered"? :icon_redface:

Long shot probably but also I would love to source some Deer. I would assume that the parts for humans would be out of my prices range so I would be interested in the non-humans bits! Organs, hearts and any other bits that are not so desirable!

I (well, my long suffering husband) can collect but only really within about 10 miles or so of Coventry or it's sort of defeating the point of trying to save some money ;)

Thanks for reading :thumbs:

Skinner - thanks, I think! Do you think my chances of less than butchers prices are slim then?!

Tiny 7 - just the one, a Dalmatian. He's a big dog though, he eats around 1kg of meat per day so am trying to find cheaper ways to feed him :)

We'll if you only have the 1,

I honestly think you could source cheap food in the way of supermarkets, Cheap mince beef, Fresh fish, Chicken, Lamb, tinned fish, bit of veg,veg oil, Wholemeal bread, Rice/Pasta

If you only have the 1, Try it and see i rasied a full litter on it and it werent too bad at all......

We'll if you only have the 1,

I honestly think you could source cheap food in the way of supermarkets, Cheap mince beef, Fresh fish, Chicken, Lamb, tinned fish, bit of veg,veg oil, Wholemeal bread, Rice/Pasta

If you only have the 1, Try it and see i rasied a full litter on it and it werent too bad at all......

Thanks Tiny 7,

I do pretty well from my local butcher at the moment but he's struggling himself to get rabbit and my boy loves them so thought no harm in asking on here in case anyone had a supply of them they wanted shot of (parden the pun!) and I thought while I was asking might as well see if anyone had anything else going spare ;)

That dog must be huge if you are feeding it 2 1/2 lbs of meat per day ... For example my 50 lbs lurcher bitch that expands far more energy than your dog will only needs 1 lbs of meat per day .....

Mally - thanks for the link but they don't deliver to my area and no rabbits listed on the site anyway :(

Thanks Tiny 7, I will google my local dealer :)

Socks - no, not huge! That's the amount he needs to keep his weight steady. He weighs 30kg but he's still very young, just 12 months old so maybe that's why he needs a lot. As you probably know the "recommended" amount is around 2% but all dogs vary and some need only 1% or they gain weight whereas some need up to 4% just to maintain.