which spade

which spade mainly for ferreting .

there loads at the diy stores , but which is best .

i,ve used a folding type when out ferreting with a mate last season , but i remeber that was bloody :icon_eek: hard work , so now i,m looking for one myself ...

post a pic if you can , so i know what i,m looking for .

thanks

Guest borderboys
I got one from Wyevale Garden center for £15, perfectly good and usable. Beats paying 30+ for them :thumbs-up: its a round nose, with a slight point. It is quite heavy but it gets threw it quick ;)

Dig.jpg

iv bin looking for a rounded spade like that 1 kind of heart shaped not like a bulldog but can only see the square type everywere

If you got any Wyevale Garden Centers near by go and have a look :thumbs-up: It is a nice spade, good and sturdy, although a little heavy. I got a small spade aswell if I need to walk all day, My mates got one of them Entreching tools, all metal/plastic I could dig quicker with my teeth :laugh::yes:

I got another mate (mr popular :laugh:) with one too, its actually quite handy, wood handle, and good quality. He found it in a shed so god knows how old it is. Its not much kop digging holes but good a pick, or for keeping the walls of a hole neat :thumbs-up:

I cant find any of these spades for sale on the Internet.

H&J

i tried the flat ones and found them not much kop. couldnt get into the corners and digging took longer. tired the fencing type like rs's but still got a flat nose on so same problem. in the end i modded a bulldog blunt nose with a grinder. it allso has slightly curved sides so the soil doesnt slip off as much. allso got a smaller one thats not too bad for freelance mooching....

STP80437Large.jpg

got both from a car boot...bulldog a couple of quid and mini one 50p... :thumbs-up:

Edited by maty j
  • 2 weeks later...