I've been ripped off by a member.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair play to you mate, you have sat up all night, totally stripped and rebuilt the gun, streightend a machined gun barrel by eye then gone and shot 10mm groupings and give the coupe de gras to a blueb

Fair dues bud, its my first and hopefully last bum deal. Bought plenty and sold some stuff so far without a hitch. I'll happily trade with respected well known faces here on a postal basis but for t

Without photos though it just sounds like a "I'm so great" thread, which is a shame because if he did rip you then you should have shown everyone.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

That was in the back of my mind Skot but i've got 3 new to me air rifles in the last week and the wife will have me skinned like a rabbit if i turn up with anything else mate ;-)

I will have to sneak in my HW80 V-mach kit when it arrives next week from Blackpool.

BTW does anyone have any 4mm Delrin?

I'm looking to put some more buttons into my other 80.

Atb CW

• Like 1

Outstanding effort so well done on the rebuild. If it was a swap you must have the address to where this "bunnykiler" lives. In the absence of any contact would it not have been worth a visit? Money aside there's a principle here. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Thanks bud. Too far to visit, i'm in Scotland and he's in Wales.

The question here Chris is, how did Bunnykiller describe the condition of this HW80 to you, prior to sending it? Your post made no mention of assurance from him that this was anything but a tuned HW80. With no mention of promised condition.

But whatever; the least anyone should reasonably expect in a trade-for-trade like this, is the item/s in question should be in the condition described and at least comparable to what is being exchanged for. Not a rusting basket case for goods honestly described as good condition. No one can surely hope to regard a graunching bag of rusty bones, bent barrel and hacked-off choke and God knows what internal grunge as a good condition worthy of trading for?

It's a statement of character Chris that you have the skills and the tools to perform your own gunsmithing restoration work and not be beaten by a basket case. My compliments on your skills. And it says a lot for Weihrauch's quality that, their rifles are restorable, even after such poor treatment and abuse.

It sounds like you have a happy outcome Chris, but, it took your determination and skills to effect it. And that wasn't what was originally traded for!

Best wishes for it mate.

Simon

Right lads, before the good old THL witch hunt starts, :laugh: I had this PM from the mentioned member before this trade took place:

do you know of thursodog im thinking of swapping my airgun with him,im in neath and hes in scotland,so id have to post it,problem is i dont know the guy ,,just wondering if hes a tidy guy?all the best ****,,

I'm not taking sides, but to me that don't sound like someone who has gone out of their way to con somebody or rip somebody off with a dud gun.. Different people have different ideas about the value and condition of things...

It's sad to say, but with deals like this you've only got yourself to blame if the product you buy isn't what you're expecting..

I agree with the fact that i did the deal so tough luck me, but hind sight tells me this guy wasn't so thick as to not know what a shite gun looks and shoots like.

Funny how all correspondance suddenly stopped from him the minute i recieved the gun and told him what i thought.

I'm of the opinion he's at it and i aint buying your explanation mate.

Doesnay matter lesson learned and it looks good now and i shoot it rather well even if i sa so myself.

80s rule :toast:

The question here Chris is, how did Bunnykiller describe the condition of this HW80 to you, prior to sending it? Your post made no mention of assurance from him that this was anything but a tuned HW80. With no mention of promised condition.

But whatever; the least anyone should reasonably expect in a trade-for-trade like this, is the item/s in question should be in the condition described and at least comparable to what is being exchanged for. Not a rusting basket case for goods honestly described as good condition. No one can surely hope to regard a graunching bag of rusty bones, bent barrel and hacked-off choke and God knows what internal grunge as a good condition worthy of trading for?

It's a statement of character Chris that you have the skills and the tools to perform your own gunsmithing restoration work and not be beaten by a basket case. My compliments on your skills. And it says a lot for Weihrauch's quality that, their rifles are restorable, even after such poor treatment and abuse.

It sounds like you have a happy outcome Chris, but, it took your determination and skills to effect it. And that wasn't what was originally traded for!

Best wishes for it mate.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Yeah it was described as having loads of work done to it and in very good condition.

Thanks for the compliments mate, its a happy outcome after a bit of graft, i'm taking pics of the rifle and the pretty good groups and a splatted blue bottle at the 30 yards so all is well now.

I've got to say i'm mad passionate about working on thes guns, i read somewhere that some old gunsmiths still straighten barrels and do their own crown work without a lathe and i'm really chuffed i succeeded in doing this.

Its funny as my metal work teacher once told me at school he'd never seen anybody as good as me with a lump of mild steel and a file so i've found what i'm good at and i love doing it too.

I'm in the wrong jod servicing boilers i reckon (i'm not particularly good at it) i reckon i could get really into this gunsmithing thing..

Pics of the gun and groups to follow.

Thanks and all the best Chris.

Well then Chris, it seems to me the guy did you a wrong here. No excuse. It's plain to see if this HW80 was in dire condition or good. To describe a rifle in the condition you found it in, as "Good" is just not right.

That aside now, I think you have the making of a great service business to the shooting community around you Chris. The sheer beauty of a spring rifle like these Weihrauchs, is that they are totally self-contained and very easy to comprehend and work on. And they are real quality. There's only a few simple parts make them all up. I know little about PCPs but, I remember Davy (T63) once telling me there's not much to them either. As well as spring air rifle Is there deer shooting near your home in Scotland? Think of the rifle servicing there must be in your part of the world. And shotgun for that matter.

Once you make a fine job for someone he'll be back and his friends get to know. This forum could be a great help for you.

You seem like a warm and kindly man anyone would be proud to do business with.

I only wish we lived close by!

regards and best wishes my friend.

Simon

Edited by pianoman

Fair play to you mate, you have sat up all night, totally stripped and rebuilt the gun, streightend a machined gun barrel by eye then gone and shot 10mm groupings and give the coupe de gras to a bluebottle........your names not Tom Berenger is it ? Lol

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4

lessons to be learned here chaps as one mans celing is another mans floor, gutted for you tho but sounds like your happy enough with the outcome .

alls well that ends well .

Nothing to do with ceilings and floors [bANNED TEXT], i was ripped off and to be honest i'm FU*KING ANGRY at the lad!!!!!!.............

• Like 1