I've been ripped off by a member.

Hi folks.

Thought i'd better warn you of a member called bunnykiller.

I was led to believe i was swapping my excellent .177 Titan pcp, stirrup pump, 700 pellets and a padded bag for a tuned A1 HW80.

The rifle came yesterday and on opening the bag my heart sank to the bleeding ground.

An old rusty lump sprayed with black paint, the safety was solid, the trigger full of paint and a terrible grinding sound when you cocked the rifle.

This was just the start.

On removing the mod i was dismayed to find that the K barrel had been chopped off at an angle with a hacksaw and given a quick file, no crown work.

Next I saw that the cocking arm was bent; alarm bells.

Sure enough the 12 barrel looked like a banana, i was totally gutted by this point and sent this guy bunnykiller a message telling him that i wanted my gun etc back, still have not heard anything from him.

On opening up the internals I found tons of grease and grit, a new top hat, stuck at an angle (stem too short) in the spring, a new spring guide but the old piston seal (damaged) and caked in grease.

Things didn't get any better after finding the trigger full of grit old grease and spray paint.

I had people round in the early evening so put the thing to one side not sure of what to do, and rather depressed.

My visitors left and it was then I decided I had been totally ripped off and that I was never going to see my beautiful pcp etc again.

I'll only trade face to face from now on.

10pm I went into the garage and painted the whole gun minus the stock in paint stripper and found the old blueing had been sanded off along with alot of rust.

Cleaned of the stripper and decided i'd have a go at straightening the barrel using my good 80 barrel as a straight edge, after alot of pushing and pulling with sleeves and my vice I'd gotten it back straight.

Cocking arm was given the same treatment.

I recrowned the barrel myself and polished the barrel and tube in the lathe.

Luckily I've a spare new piston seal so fitted it to the piston once it was polished to a mirror.

Everything that was originally blued was made ready to reblue and steeped in a bath of phillips cold blue, its now about 2am and i'm in the zone feeling very determined.

I then strip the rekord trigger and clean/ polish all the sears and reasemble.

The blueing looks not too bad and i give it a good oil and then proceed to put the gun back together feeling like i've pulled a rabbit out of the hat and not been beaten by some WAN*ER with no moral fibre whatsoever (nice as 9 pence on the phone too, once bitten though!!!!)

The spring needed the ends flattened and filed, oh and it had a new breech seal already fitted(lucky me :censored: )

Gave the barrel a pull through and fired a few pellets in the garage at a box full of phone books, shooting silky smooth now.

Lastly i give the trigger a little bit of adjustment with a few more test shots and finally i have a nice looking 80 by 5.30 am.

Off to bed feeling triumphant but a little worried about how it'll group.

2 hours ago I stick on my MTC Taipan and head of to the farm.

A pull through first and i set up a target at 30 yards and zero.

Grouping about an inch and half at this stage, only about 20 pellets so far.

My main worry though is the fact that the chocked section of barrel has been removed.

No need to worry though the more I shot my new baby the tighter the groups were getting, I was elated.

Lastly I pulled out my little bag of weighed 96 gramme FTTs and tweak the xero a few clicks here and there.

6 pellet group within a 5 pence, exctasy!!!!

And for its finale a large blue bottle landed on my target, slow exhale and stopping as the crosshair sits on the wee beasty and splat.

Watch the scammers folks.

All the best.

Chris.

Edited by Malt
  • Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair play to you mate, you have sat up all night, totally stripped and rebuilt the gun, streightend a machined gun barrel by eye then gone and shot 10mm groupings and give the coupe de gras to a blueb

Fair dues bud, its my first and hopefully last bum deal. Bought plenty and sold some stuff so far without a hitch. I'll happily trade with respected well known faces here on a postal basis but for t

Without photos though it just sounds like a "I'm so great" thread, which is a shame because if he did rip you then you should have shown everyone.

Bloody hell mate, I saw that advert its bad you don't know what your getting if you don't do face to face its a shame really, glad you got it fixed up again it's a good job u knew what u was at or would of cost you a fair bit of money

ATB

Froudy

Right lads, before the good old THL witch hunt starts, :laugh: I had this PM from the mentioned member before this trade took place:

do you know of thursodog im thinking of swapping my airgun with him,im in neath and hes in scotland,so id have to post it,problem is i dont know the guy ,,just wondering if hes a tidy guy?all the best ****,,

I'm not taking sides, but to me that don't sound like someone who has gone out of their way to con somebody or rip somebody off with a dud gun.. Different people have different ideas about the value and condition of things...

It's sad to say, but with deals like this you've only got yourself to blame if the product you buy isn't what you're expecting..

Thanks for the support lads.

I'm not bothering about before and after pics and it doesn't concerm me if people doubt my word as long as my experience helps out another honest person then good stuff.

Malts right in saying it my own fault which is one of the motivating factors in fixing this gun.

I didn't give in Giro, and demanding petrol money is not in the least realistic.

I overcame the situation in my own way and now have another 80 that shoots a dream.

This gun will remind me not to trust anyone in this situation and i've already put my personal touch to it.

Its over for me and i'll not be pursuing the matter.

Written as seen.

End off.

Job done, who fu*king cares now, nay me.

Springer household, LOL.

I'll put some pics up of my wee collection soon, worked on all of them and they shoot real good.

Better than i can any day.

Have a good weekend folks.

• Like 1

I never Said pictures because I disbelive you, sounds like a new gun. I just wanted to see the craftsmenship and transformation fella.. No disrespect intended :victory:

I feel sorry for you :thumbs:

Touch wood done many a deal on here and have not been stung but this just makes you think even more :yes:

Guest long-tail

Hi folks.

Thought i'd better warn you of a member called bunnykiller.

I was led to believe i was swapping my excellent .177 Titan pcp, stirrup pump, 700 pellets and a padded bag for a tuned A1 HW80.

The rifle came yesterday and on opening the bag my heart sank to the bleeding ground.

An old rusty lump sprayed with black paint, the safety was solid, the trigger full of paint and a terrible grinding sound when you cocked the rifle.

This was just the start.

On removing the mod i was dismayed to find that the K barrel had been chopped off at an angle with a hacksaw and given a quick file, no crown work.

Next I saw that the cocking arm was bent; alarm bells.

Sure enough the 12 barrel looked like a banana, i was totally gutted by this point and sent this guy bunnykiller a message telling him that i wanted my gun etc back, still have not heard anything from him.

On opening up the internals I found tons of grease and grit, a new top hat, stuck at an angle (stem too short) in the spring, a new spring guide but the old piston seal (damaged) and caked in grease.

Things didn't get any better after finding the trigger full of grit old grease and spray paint.

I had people round in the early evening so put the thing to one side not sure of what to do, and rather depressed.

My visitors left and it was then I decided I had been totally ripped off and that I was never going to see my beautiful pcp etc again.

I'll only trade face to face from now on.

10pm I went into the garage and painted the whole gun minus the stock in paint stripper and found the old blueing had been sanded off along with alot of rust.

Cleaned of the stripper and decided i'd have a go at straightening the barrel using my good 80 barrel as a straight edge, after alot of pushing and pulling with sleeves and my vice I'd gotten it back straight.

Cocking arm was given the same treatment.

I recrowned the barrel myself and polished the barrel and tube in the lathe.

Luckily I've a spare new piston seal so fitted it to the piston once it was polished to a mirror.

Everything that was originally blued was made ready to reblue and steeped in a bath of phillips cold blue, its now about 2am and i'm in the zone feeling very determined.

I then strip the rekord trigger and clean/ polish all the sears and reasemble.

The blueing looks not too bad and i give it a good oil and then proceed to put the gun back together feeling like i've pulled a rabbit out of the hat and not been beaten by some WAN*ER with no moral fibre whatsoever (nice as 9 pence on the phone too, once bitten though!!!!)

The spring needed the ends flattened and filed, oh and it had a new breech seal already fitted(lucky me :censored: )

Gave the barrel a pull through and fired a few pellets in the garage at a box full of phone books, shooting silky smooth now.

Lastly i give the trigger a little bit of adjustment with a few more test shots and finally i have a nice looking 80 by 5.30 am.

Off to bed feeling triumphant but a little worried about how it'll group.

2 hours ago I stick on my MTC Taipan and head of to the farm.

A pull through first and i set up a target at 30 yards and zero.

Grouping about an inch and half at this stage, only about 20 pellets so far.

My main worry though is the fact that the chocked section of barrel has been removed.

No need to worry though the more I shot my new baby the tighter the groups were getting, I was elated.

Lastly I pulled out my little bag of weighed 96 gramme FTTs and tweak the xero a few clicks here and there.

6 pellet group within a 5 pence, exctasy!!!!

And for its finale a large blue bottle landed on my target, slow exhale and stopping as the crosshair sits on the wee beasty and splat.

Watch the scammers folks.

All the best.

Chris.

i admire your knowledge and determination in putting it right if it was me id be fecked from the start atb :thumbs: