• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some nice stuff there buddy its nice to see yorse in there too dave all ways liked yor sheaths mategood work lads there's getting more and more people who work with leather on hear now its a bout time

Thanks for the compliment Gaffer, your's is good too. In about a month's time if anyone lives near me and wants to have a go at making a belt I can give them some free training in traditional leather

More of his work. Notice the piggy back sheath

Some nice stuff there buddy its nice to see yorse in there too dave all ways liked yor sheaths mategood work lads there's getting more and more people who work with leather on hear now its a bout time I say be nice to share methods and help each other out non of this bitching what goes of

• Like 2

Thanks for the compliment Gaffer, your's is good too.

In about a month's time if anyone lives near me and wants to have a go at making a belt I can give them some free training in traditional leatherworking skills if they are interested?

The only cost would be for the leather and fittings which I would charge at trade price, it would help anyone gain basic skills to start leatherwork themselves.

Edited by unicornleather
  • Like 2

lovely stuff guys , there is a ton of beautiful leather craft on here of late im really enjoying seeing it all !

gin's finger was lost in a terrible ferreting incident 3 years ago , dont ask him about it the post traumatic stress is still a living hell for him ! it took 3 armed responce officers to take that rouge pole cat out !

:)

• Like 1

lovely stuff guys , there is a ton of beautiful leather craft on here of late im really enjoying seeing it all !

gin's finger was lost in a terrible ferreting incident 3 years ago , dont ask him about it the post traumatic stress is still a living hell for him ! it took 3 armed responce officers to take that rouge pole cat out !

:)

haha good one that matt

Matt what ya like pal. Ha Ha

I tell kids that at the shows to keep their fingers out of the ferret cages.

Yes it was a bit of an accident at work, but its not an important finger. Ha Ha

I thought I had answered this but it doesn't seem to have appeared on here so I'll repeat it, have made only one quiver, there's 2 sorts, one that is literally leather folded in half and sewn together like a gun slip or one that is blocked to shape with a wooden base for the arrow points to rest on which is more expensive as there's a lot more work involved, which style were you thinking of?

Matt what ya like pal. Ha Ha

I tell kids that at the shows to keep their fingers out of the ferret cages.

Yes it was a bit of an accident at work, but its not an important finger. Ha Ha

It is important to guitarists, the pinkie is used for applying suspended fourths :whistling:

EDIT- Doh!!, Forgot to say, smashing leathercrafting :thumbs:

John :D

Edited by johnbaz