Pink foots coming in

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol just found this pic ...get pluckin weeman

Big skein of pinks coming in down over the north Wales coast tonite. . My favourite time of the year Heading to the dee and Lancashire. By the looks of it

I still find it very very hard to believe that there are migrateing pinks that far south at this time of year but who am I to quetion someone with 40 years experiance ....you have 10 years on me as iv

Posted Images

That is very early as we usualy get the first of them in my area and they always come down on a north wind and the wind has been predomantly out the sw most of this week turning nw tomoro ....are you 100% sure they were pinks

Edited by MOO

seen none around here yet, wyre morcambe bay cockerham pilling area

. I was talking to. A local he said they had been coming in all day yester day. Feeding on the shore line. By point of aye I think it's called just up from. Gronant They will head across the bay to the lancashire. Coast and on up to the solway. All ways makes the hairs on the back of me neck stand on end every year great to see them and take. A couple.

That is very early as we usualy get the first of them in my area and they always come down on a north wind and the wind has been predomantly out the sw most of this week turning nw tomoro ....are you 100% sure they were pinks

. Been watching the come and go for over 40 years bud. PINKS don't shoot Canada's. Rather throw a rugby ball up in the air. And shoot it Flighting pinks real wild birds that's wildfowling.

what the guys saying is the total opposite to what happen. pinks coming up to solway from wales.........???????????????????????/ feeding on the side of the marsh in the longest days of the season??????????????? nothing seen up north???????????? they breed in iceland yet moving north from wales.. nah

what the guys saying is the total opposite to what happen. pinks coming up to solway from wales.........???????????????????????/ feeding on the side of the marsh in the longest days of the season??????????????? nothing seen up north???????????? they breed in iceland yet moving north from wales.. nah

so you recon that the migrating pinks don't stop and feed as the travel. And don't take what to them is a short hop across Liverpool bay across from and to the solway nah More like ha ha. In a bad area. So could not finish , the pink foot nests in Greenland Iceland. And the Norwegian. Archipelago. They winter through out the whole of north western Europe. Birds I from all nesting sites have been recorded throught out the uk ive shot them over stubble mid August. To see them on the north Wales coast is no big deal. They don't keep to British airways. Flight paths. Bud there wild. Edited by gonetoearth

in august, what OUT OF SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant be arsed with ya theres hundreds of people reading this and cant reply as there holding there chuckle guts in. but of course they stop and feed just not on the foreshore. anyway get on with it, ive got my own knitting to do.

Saw about 30 Canadas off the coast near Inverness on Sunday. No pinks at all. Greys kicking about, but they are locals.......maybe 50 or 60 from near Lochindorb I think?

Ducks for me on saturday, no grey birds yet!!

in august, what OUT OF SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant be arsed with ya theres hundreds of people reading this and cant reply as there holding there chuckle guts in. but of course they stop and feed just not on the foreshore. anyway get on with it, ive got my own knitting to do.

so you recon that the migrating pinks don't stop and feed as the travel. And don't take what to them is a short hop across Liverpool bay across from and to the solway nah More like ha ha. In a bad area. So could not finish , the pink foot nests in Greenland Iceland. And the Norwegian. Archipelago. They winter through out the whole of north western Europe. Birds I from all nesting sites have been recorded throught out the uk ive shot them over stubble mid August. To see them on the north Wales coast is no big deal. They don't keep to British airways. Flight paths. Bud there wild.

oops shot as in photos. Chuckle away

I still find it very very hard to believe that there are migrateing pinks that far south at this time of year but who am I to quetion someone with 40 years experiance ....you have 10 years on me as ive been out in the mud since I was very young and like I have already said 1/3 of the world pinkfoot population roost 2 mins from my house as for shooting them on stubbles in august ...that says it all

• Like 1