DIOTTO BOOTS SCRATCH RESISTANT.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive got the same boots with the exact same problem , one wet foot !! im going back to the irish setter elk trackers never had a problem with them just thought the coated leather on the diottos would b

JohnC I must have duff pair or do to much in them.

I have tried loads of different boots on the hill as its all i wear everyday and can honestly say i cant see past meindls. The diotto were good when the first pairs came out and seem to be too soft an

Well dropped in at Altbergs yesterday and a very interesting hour i had in the shop,started off have my feet professionally measured finding out i have a half size difference in my feet and also require wide fitting ( i knew this already ).Tried on the GK Highmoor,a nice looking comfy boot,but while explaining that my Diotto by Black Islander had leaked in after 2 years,but also that i liked the scratch resistant surface !The cobbler then appeared with some scratch resistant GK Highmoors.( these are very similiar to the Diotto boot ).Tried the boots on,discussed all recommendations and made the purchase £185 quid with a tin of boot Gris thrown in.Not a bad deal !!!!!!!!,and will tell you in a couple of years what i think !

They got their baptism that day through turnip and maze fields bedding in well.Pheasant feeding today in them so straight into action !!!

PS. Altberg are going to reseal the leaking sole on the Diotto boot,they took rather an interest in the interior toe of the boot as a probable failure area.

ALSO the amount of squaddies from Catterick and Leeming coming in for their desert boots for Afghan was unbelievable,gives you a bit of confidence in what you are purchasing.

Cheers

Edited by camokev64

Well dropped in at Altbergs yesterday and a very interesting hour i had in the shop,started off have my feet professionally measured finding out i have a half size difference in my feet and also require wide fitting ( i knew this already ).Tried on the GK Highmoor,a nice looking comfy boot,but while explaining that my Diotto by Black Islander had leaked in after 2 years,but also that i liked the scratch resistant surface !The cobbler then appeared with some scratch resistant GK Highmoors.( these are very similiar to the Diotto boot ).Tried the boots on,discussed all recommendations and made the purchase £185 quid with a tin of boot Gris thrown in.Not a bad deal !!!!!!!!,and will tell you in a couple of years what i think !

They got their baptism that day through turnip and maze fields bedding in well.Pheasant feeding today in them so straight into action !!!

PS. Altberg are going to reseal the leaking sole on the Diotto boot,they took rather an interest in the interior toe of the boot as a probable failure area.

ALSO the amount of squaddies from Catterick and Leeming coming in for their desert boots for Afghan was unbelievable,gives you a bit of confidence in what you are purchasing.

Cheers

Cheers

ill be surprised if they let you doon pal, all the best :thumbs:

I have tried loads of different boots on the hill as its all i wear everyday and can honestly say i cant see past meindls. The diotto were good when the first pairs came out and seem to be too soft and fall apart now, Mouflon plus boots are amazingly comfy but again fell apart after less than a year so now I use meindl glockners with supafeet insoles and to me is the ultimate combination! I still use my first pair of glockners for heather burning and they still hold water out after three grouse seasons and two burning seasons cant say fairer than that!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...