DIOTTO BOOTS SCRATCH RESISTANT.

Two years ago after 5 years of (winter) abuse my Le Chameau Mouflon plus gave up, ( leaking in ).After reading many websites and a bit of chat with Moor Keepers i decided to purchase some Diotto boots.

Now after a field trial on Friday i discovered my right foot was wet !!.On closer examination of the boot i found the front of the boot were the sole is SUPPOSED to be attached to the next rubber level IS`NT. ( only slightly ).

The boots look as if they have had no work, BUT THEY LEAK ! WHICH IS A NO BRAINER IN WINTER SO SO SO !!.

While i wait for my Meindl Douvre GTX`S I wonder if there is a product i could use to weld the two surfaces together and use them as a summer boot.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive got the same boots with the exact same problem , one wet foot !! im going back to the irish setter elk trackers never had a problem with them just thought the coated leather on the diottos would b

JohnC I must have duff pair or do to much in them.

I have tried loads of different boots on the hill as its all i wear everyday and can honestly say i cant see past meindls. The diotto were good when the first pairs came out and seem to be too soft an

Sorry mate, the boots you have recommended are the boots that i am talking about.So lets clear things up for every body !! Black islander is a company selling the Italian Diotto boot, and is the company i purchased mine from.Expanding on the subject,does anybody think Hamish will help me out in any way with my plight except wanting me to purchase another pair. ?

Sorry mate, the boots you have recommended are the boots that i am talking about.So lets clear things up for every body !! Black islander is a company selling the Italian Diotto boot, and is the company i purchased mine from.Expanding on the subject,does anybody think Hamish will help me out in any way with my plight except wanting me to purchase another pair. ?

I'd have thought that if he ever wanted to sell another pair to anyone, then he'd be bending over backwards to make you happy again.

You've got to give him the chance to put things right though, it's only my opinion but the first person you told about a problem should have been him, rather than on here.

But, it'll be interesting to see how they resolve your problem, I'd expect it to be quickly as he is saying "will take the market by storm because of the new properties and innovations offered"

Not from my past experience he won't,both me and a mate had these boots and both pairs never lasted a season. When he was approached he basically told us both what we had been doing with OUR boots regardless of what we had to say to him,he knew best.He said the best he could do was a few quid off a new pair. Utter garbage in my opinion,steer well clear!

best ask the man who sold ye the boots an see what he says, id be expecting a new pair if they leaked...

if ye dont get any results an need a new pair of boots, or next time ye do need a pair, go to altberg pal :thumbs:

ive got the same boots with the exact same problem , one wet foot !! im going back to the irish setter elk trackers never had a problem with them just thought the coated leather on the diottos would be easier to look after . :thumbdown: £200 wasted

• Like 1
Guest joball

Me and my pals have had no problens comfertable light wight boots that dont need much maintaining, they look quality aswell all the keepers use them and speak very highly of them, all of them using them for years with no problems. But saying that its no good if hamish aint going to replace them if there still under warrenty! Mine will soon be put through the test i hope they last lol.

Edited by joball
Guest joball

is it just me or does the ad an the boots not look tacky as fook....

unique folding tongue to stop mud an shit getting in :icon_eek: aint army boots an every other pair a boots had that for last 30 odd years i know of :laugh:

There's a strap at the front of the boot, im yet to see another hunting boot with the same thing.

Me and my pals have had no problens comfertable light wight boots that dont need much maintaining, they look quality aswell all the keepers use them and speak very highly of them, all of them using them for years with no problems. But saying that its no good if hamish aint going to replace them if there still under warrenty! Mine will soon be put through the test i hope they last lol.

Give us an honest verdict after you've worn them for two year solid. Then you can say, yeh there a good boot. I can remember a few year back when they first brought them out, similar italian company garland use for there boots, everyone said you don't need to wax them, scuff resistant, etc. Although every boot will have problems somewhere, I'd say a must, is its waterproof and comfortable. If they let in water, I wouldn't be happy personally.

Guest joball

True ian, but the gamekeepers here swear buy them, time will tell.

Anyone used the meindle dovre then? What kind of life span you get out of them, what they like continues use through brambles etc?

Edited by joball