DIOTTO BOOTS SCRATCH RESISTANT.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive got the same boots with the exact same problem , one wet foot !! im going back to the irish setter elk trackers never had a problem with them just thought the coated leather on the diottos would b

JohnC I must have duff pair or do to much in them.

I have tried loads of different boots on the hill as its all i wear everyday and can honestly say i cant see past meindls. The diotto were good when the first pairs came out and seem to be too soft an

Thanks everybody for all reply`s and info,

One thing i don`t bang on about when i buy a new product is " That they are the bollocks " from the word go ! So when the lads at the shoot and the gundog training lads asked me a couple of years ago my opinion i said " ask me in a couple of years " I THINK I HAVE NOW ANSWERED THAT QUESTION ! If i did It`s like telling some body your dogs single handed on fox, when it is`nt or your spaniel sits on flush,when it does`nt or your Lab`s steady,when it run`s in. Things alway`s come out in the wash.

The thinsulite linining ( diotto boots ) is a good point that some one made and i`ll bear it in mind when purchasing my next pair of boots Gortex is a linning that i have been impressed with in the past.

For the last 5 years i have worn Asolo gtx ( goretex ) as an everyday boot,even when the soles are absolutely worn out they don`t let water in ( i don`t wear them on the moors ).

Referring to sending the boots back to Hamish,well,what can he do send them back to Italy !!!!.But to be fair he may have more satisfied customers than unsatisfied,but if i have been unlucky he might exchange them ?

cheers.

Yeah Weasle i liked mine when they first came out many years ago,i thnk we all have to be careful now what we buy.I dont think Mouflon plus are what they used to be.Another example is the green stanley flask and bait box set.Mine many years ago was made in Nashville and stays ( hot ).the one`s today are made in China and are regularly returned ( cold ).

Had a pair they leaked first day out,sent them back to Hamish and he said that they weren't leaking.Had a battle royale with him to get my money back had to involve trading standards etc.I did get my cash back in the end but it took from Christmas to I think it was the end of March or later before he coughed up.Although I do have friends that swear by them...!

ive got the same boots with the exact same problem , one wet foot !! im going back to the irish setter elk trackers never had a problem with them just thought the coated leather on the diottos would be easier to look after . :thumbdown: £200 wasted

My Irish setter elk trackers have done 5 seasons upto now and just about to start there 6th season, i wouldn't buy another boot. Just make sure you give them a wash off and put some chelsea leather feed on from time to time and they will last you. :thumbs:

There must be something to be said about being able to return boots or any other faulty goods back to the shop you purchased them in person.So Altbergs would be the wise choice as i pass them every week,but if they are that good i would`nt need to bother.

Which boot would people reccomend for the moors from the Altberg range.

Cheers Kev.

Edited by camokev64

There must be something to be said about being able to return boots or any other faulty goods back to the shop you purchased them in person.So Altbergs would be the wise choice as i pass them every week,but if they are that good i would`nt need to bother.

Which boot would people reccomend for the moors from the Altberg range.

Cheers Kev.

gk highmoor boots, about £190

phone em before ye pop in an make sure they got your size, otherwise youll have to wait for some to be made for you :thumbs: