firearms officers home visit questions

hi guys i have now got my forms finally send off with all the info needed

once my forms are checked i prusume i will get home vist from the local firearms officer

what sort of questions from your expericance will i be ask

i have put in for .22 and . 223

also is there any thing i need to be more clued up on

cheers

mark

Nothing to worry about Mark, we all have had the same concerns when we get the visit.....

Most FEO's are nice people and all like a good cuppa.

All the questions i was asked were simple enough, just use common sense and you will be ok.

All they do is have a face to face chat. My FAO had a look around the house to check security and also asked my wife if she was OK with guns being in the house. If everything you have put in the application form was true you have nothing to worry about. Take it as an opportunity to get to know your FAO.

• Like 1

1.What i found was let him/her say there bit first 2.Sit down and think of all the things you wish to ask(write them down)3.REMEMBER Safe back stop ha ha thats one i was asked 2 week ago,dont worry if your sound person and have nowt to hide they cannot really knock you back for owning fac if you have good reason good luck mate its no big deal really

ok thanks alot for your responces guy i will await a responce from the police fao

also i thing i was thinking about was would the fao try and talk you out of having a cf gun

and say somthing like a .17 would cerfice for fox hunting

If you have good reason and Land, then you will be fine. They may add a mentor condition depends how your FEO feels about your experience.

Live and learn, so basically if a new shooter can't find a mentor he or she is doomed from the off,bit unfair really as 99,9% of applicants I imagine are safe as houses and know right from wrong so could easily gain enough experience without a mentor by getting out in the field a gettin stuck in,and sticking to the rules of shooting so good luck with the app, if anyone needs mentor and can't find one, as long as it is within a reasonable distance to me give us a shout,a few others on here have helped out with it in the past,good to see folk helping each other

Atb

I would second 223's comments, if someone needs a mentor in the Kent/Sussex area I am happy to help, you can have a run round my permissions with me.

Having said that the other way to get through this new hoop of mentoring you can always join a rifle club too. I never thought that paper-punching was very interesting but I joined my local club to get some range time. It cost £100 per annum and the club meet at least twice a month and I have found them to be an interesting bunch of people. Yes you do get the odd gun bore who does nothing but target shooting but equally there are a lot of chaps like me who go to get their eye in.

The other thing about joining a rifle club is it makes getting variations approved much easier as the 'good reason' is much easier to demonstrate and all my rifles are conditioned for game/vermin shooting too.

I have also learned a lot from being around other shooters and its getting me into reloading as well.

Just a thought.

ATB

Jonno

I would second 223's comments, if someone needs a mentor in the Kent/Sussex area I am happy to help, you can have a run round my permissions with me.

Having said that the other way to get through this new hoop of mentoring you can always join a rifle club too. I never thought that paper-punching was very interesting but I joined my local club to get some range time. It cost £100 per annum and the club meet at least twice a month and I have found them to be an interesting bunch of people. Yes you do get the odd gun bore who does nothing but target shooting but equally there are a lot of chaps like me who go to get their eye in.

The other thing about joining a rifle club is it makes getting variations approved much easier as the 'good reason' is much easier to demonstrate and all my rifles are conditioned for game/vermin shooting too.

I have also learned a lot from being around other shooters and its getting me into reloading as well.

Just a thought.

ATB

Jonno

Good afternoon mate which club are you a member of??