URGENT help needed in Huntingdon, Cambs to rid our football pitch of rabbits - ferrets/shooting

Hi,

I know this is a really tall order but we are desperate for anyone who is willing to come and help us get rid of rabbits that are ruining our football pitch, ideally tomorrow or BH Monday!! Big ask I know !!!! :icon_redface:

The land is in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire - I can email further details should you be interested.

This is a long story and do not want to bore you with the details of it all but in a nut shell we have just secured 2 new pieces of land for our football teams. One is match ready and perfect but is now being chomped up by the endless amounts of rabbits that reside in a multitude of burrows along the side of field. The other field we have requires a huge amount of work and we have the loan of a 5t 360 machine over this BH weekend to level and flatten the field in order to make it ready for our younger teams........and destroy the rabbit warrens in the process.

We have received different advice, shoot them, use ferrets, falconery, gas them and even just demolish their home with the machine but we have neither the skill or the time to do this (apart from the latter obviously). If anyone is at a loose end and wants to help it would be very much appreciated. We need to make this ground safe and secure for the lads who play football - the damage the rabbits are doing is making it dangerous for the boys and girls to play.

The land is cleared for .22 Air Rifle (FAC) only.

I really hope someone can help out any which way.

Many thanks

Jo :unsure:

•  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there just seen your ad for help wanted. I am an experienced airgun hunter with both fac and non fac air rifles as well as rimfire. My current permission is over at Chatteris with some 3000 acs. If you still require help then I would be more than happy to come Along. Don't mind doing late night/ early morning sessions. Iana@ servaccomm.co.uk.

Hi there just seen your ad for help wanted. I am an experienced airgun hunter with both fac and non fac air rifles as well as rimfire. My current permission is over at Chatteris with some 3000 acs. If you still require help then I would be more than happy to come Along. Don't mind doing late night/ early morning sessions. Iana@ servaccomm.co.uk.