Sign in to follow this  

I figured HW made them under license or something. But why continue to pay royalties after the patent expires? Ze Germans may already be courting FoxConn and their ilk in China....

From the looks of my chums brand new HW95, Weihrauch Quality Control has been outsourced to customers now. Much cheaper....

• Like 1

I'd have to agree, mate. Their new springers, from what I've seen are not a patch on their older ones. Gone to hell in a hand cart, and all that. :cray:

REALLY??? that's terrible Andy. I thought Weihrauch were still building as well as ever from their base in Mallestracht Germany. Better hang on to our original rifles then! Will call you for a shoot mate.

Simon

Ahh it was a horror show. Needed filing and deburring on the cocking shoe and run, made a terrible graunchy noise. I've read of others with swarf in front of the piston. Needless and sad.

Please do Skot. Hope it is fine as it should for a new air rifle from this maker.

Please do Skot. Hope it is fine as it should for a new air rifle from this maker.

had a plink and a zero last night.. just factory standard gun after about 100 pellets. new thread in general discussion hav a look. ordered some grease and stuff so when that arrives il be stripping it down and clean and regrease etc.

my grease and PTFE sleeve has arrived .. Iv just got to make a spring compression thingy ma bob iv heard you can make these from a brush handle is that true ?

im gonna strip down clean and grease . probably a sunday morning job as it will be pi**ing it down as normal ..

No need for spring compressor. Push down on a rubber and twist after punching out the tabs. The factory spring has very little preload.