Evening all, been a fair while since ive posted on here. Good to see the forum is still going strong.

Ive made myself a 'Y' catty from a felled branch (not sure what wood it is) long story short its decent but not quite even and can't seem to get it comfy in my hand, so ive made a template and am going to have a crack at making one from ply (been having a read of the catty thread)

Im using theraband gold rubbers. What ammo do you chaps reccomend size wise.. 9mm or it 12mm better? Im thinking of getting steel to practice with as its cheaper and buy lead to hunt with for the 'squash' on impact factor.

Also where do you chaps buy your ammo from? Ive looke on e-bay but theres thousands to choose from.

Thanks

Paddy

go on youtube and look up ammo making for catapults 9mm or 12mm i think 9mm sounds about right and steel ent cheeper than lead lead is every were look round even ask your local window/consevertry fitters if they have any spare or for cheap.

be carefull when making your own ammo right safty gloves googles dont melt indoors because of toxic femes wash hands well after handling lead because its toxic hope this helps and ebays a good place for everything katty related

Cheers for the reply joe. I thought about making my own ammo, but to be honest i can't be botherd to sorce, melt and make it.

Ive looked on ebay but like i say theres that bloody many different sizes and what not for sale.

Cheers

get your ammo from here http://www.ebay.co.u...90#ht_500wt_949

single thera band gold each side for 9.5mm steel . and double tb gold each side for 12mm lead or larger.

the more you taper the bands the more power you get but dont last as long.

it best to cut them slightly longer so the bands arnt maxed out WITH EACH SHOT and you get more shots(slightly less power BUT LAST LONGER). and when they snap NEAR the pouch you simply tie THE POUCH ON AGAIN .

Edited by atomlab

get your ammo from here http://www.ebay.co.u...90#ht_500wt_949

single thera band gold each side for 9.5mm steel . and double tb gold each side for 12mm lead or larger.

the more you taper the bands the more power you get but dont last as long.

it best to cut them slightly longer so the bands arnt maxed out WITH EACH SHOT and you get more shots(slightly less power BUT LAST LONGER). and when they snap NEAR the pouch you simply tie THE POUCH ON AGAIN .

Cheers, ive orderd some lead ammo.

Im using double theraband at the min.

Ill start experimenting with band length and what not once ive got a decent fork.

Paddy