NEEDED KEEPER

Guest borderboys

Guest little_lloyd
No good posting on a forum, get beating at a shoot and get to know a few keepers.......

Very true :thumbs:

And if you don't know any shoots locally, or the keepers have enough beaters??? What then LL??

Give the lad a chance - he is only looking for an opportunity to live the life that so many never find, but one that I am so very glad I did.

Keep trying borderboys :thumbs:

OTC

Well how i found out about a little shoot was a friend of my Grandad who got chatting to me one night in the village pup and it went from there.

Its not hard finding out about shoots in the area just get chatting to people around your area! Plus if the keeper has enough beaters then offer to help him with something else. I wish this kid find the live he wants to live and hope this forum helps him out to!

Theres loads of shoots about, cant be that hard finding one?

If they got enough beaters then I would offer to go for free (thats if they pay, obviously) If they got enough numbers then find a different shoot...

Or if like me, get caught ferreting :haha: Luckily the keepers a nice bloke and didnt mind too much, he just said that if we beat for them then we can have permission..... There all nice guys, but I do get the piss taken out of me for getting caught! :D

Mind you most the shoots round my way are quite informal, Beaters and Guns sit and eat at same table etc Your not treated like a peasent lol.....

Come November I will be asking the keeper for some free work experiance to do on my College course :thumbs:

H&J :cheers:

hob&jill and LL you pair hgave obviously had it easy then i have been tryin for ages trying round here and my grandad doesn't jusy by luck happen to bump into someone in the local pub :censored: ,

"just get to know the keepers" not as easy as it sounds lads, all i can do is keep trying,

but september college start is drawing closer and im non the better off.

gonna have a word with the NGO at this game fair but ig there as helpful as NOBS then god help me. :doh:

cheers OTC.

regards

FM

hob&jill and LL you pair hgave obviously had it easy then i have been tryin for ages trying round here and my grandad doesn't jusy by luck happen to bump into someone in the local pub :censored: ,

"just get to know the keepers" not as easy as it sounds lads, all i can do is keep trying,

gonna have a word with the NGO at this game fair but ig there as helpful as NOBS then god help me. :doh:

cheers OTC.

regards

FM

I wasnt having ago, just giving my advice :thumbs:

There must be a few shoots around you?

theres one that i know of but he said he rung the land agent and they said it would not be possible :censored: and then i have rung weston park whos hosts th emidlands game fair and genral enquries tol dme they donthave a gamekeeper so who runs the shoots that they do f**k knows :censored: think someone is being abit dishonest :big_boss:

Guest little_lloyd

cheers OTC.

regards

FM

There are about 2 shoots in a eight miles radious of me. Im lucky to have mates on one. Plus one of the biggest game farms in the next village.

I know most gamekeepers can be old c*n*s :yes: But get that course done and youll have a a qauli. and good luck with that too :toast: Nobs are a waste of time and space mate :doh: the NGO are alot better :thumbs:

Guest little_lloyd
i no nobs are just a bunch of what it says on the tins was gonna speak to ngo at the cla but now its cancelled so it will have to wait till the midland in september :censored:

What a bummer eh :wallbash: I was not even going to the CLA But what a bleddy bummer :doh:

get your self upto swinnerton heath farm, have a word with the keeper called gary, sited between ecclesal and hanford, near hanchurch wood, i know the last under keeper there was a tosspot, he was shooting rats with his rimfire( towards the farm on concrete) god knows where the bullets ended up :censored: the area is run by gary on behalf of lord staffordshire

hope this helps :thumbs:

Edited by bullet
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
and then i have rung weston park whos hosts th emidlands game fair and genral enquries tol dme they donthave a gamekeeper so who runs the shoots that they do f**k knows :censored: think someone is being abit dishonest :big_boss:

Ring them back and tell tem they are talking shite. They have keepers alright :thumbs:

good luck with your coarse mate hope you enjoy but ive found most keepers jobs

go to people they know or word of mouth as the keepers i know [not all] never went

to college just got the job passed on by working on the estate around the keeper

ive just found out a lad from our villagewho wasa paint/decerator did a bit of pidgeon

shooting as got a job as a beat keeper nr scarbourgh with car and house and knows

nothing but they are going to train him up

surly you going on a 2yr cause cannot thing this correct

its who you know in this world mate not what you know

good luck mate :thumbs::thumbs:

• 3 months later...
alright

as im startin a two year gamekeeping course in september, i need a gamekeeper to do work experience with 1 day a week, im in the west midlands area if any of you could take me it would be a great help, it unpaid placement and im sure you could do with an extra pair of hands ;)

regards

borderboys

Tell me where you are i MIGHT be able to help you ........I am 19 ive finished my NVQ levle2 in March 2007 im looking for a keepers job we might help each other E-MAIL me at .......... jayne.m.arnold@btinternet.com