Guest MOLLY

I think Rimadyl can only be supplied from the vets, because of the severe side effects.

http://www.srdogs.com/Pages/rimadyl.html

If it is for occasional pain and or inflamation asprin, is the best followed by Ibruprofen, much cheaper than the same stuff in dog form :good:

This book tells you all forms of human medication you can use for dogs and for which ailments.

http://www.amazon.com/Dogs-Drugstore-Nonpr...e/dp/031220888X

MOLL.

I think Rimadyl can only be supplied from the vets, because of the severe side effects.

Thats great if you can go to a vet but not all lads can, and not everyone likes to have their pants pulled down over the price either, last time I bought meds off my vet I just about choked when I got the bill through :icon_eek:

http://www.srdogs.com/Pages/rimadyl.html

If it is for occasional pain and or inflamation asprin, is the best followed by Ibruprofen, much cheaper than the same stuff in dog form :good:

This book tells you all forms of human medication you can use for dogs and for which ailments.

http://www.amazon.com/Dogs-Drugstore-Nonpr...e/dp/031220888X

MOLL.

is the book an american book moll??? how compatible is it to us as british etc and how god is the book if you have it?

Guest MOLLY

The book has loads of info Gary. Not only which medication to use but describes conditions, symptoms and treatments, a comprehensive list of herbal remedies. Explains medicine dosages for sizes and breeds of dogs. How to treat minor wounds.

A couple of extracts i copied for someone else...

A simple but sensible book.

MOLL.

Guest baldie

Thats great if you can go to a vet but not all lads can, and not everyone likes to have their pants pulled down over the price either, last time I bought meds off my vet I just about choked when I got the bill through :icon_eek:

I know what you mean, but check out the various on line drug sellers, you will find, with import duty etc, they are no cheaper than the vet, but they will dispense without a prescription. The vet makes his money on the consultation fee [mine does anyway]

My old terrier is on one rimadyl a day, permanently, for her arthritis, and it costs me around £13 per 32 tablets, plus blood tests every three months.Thats about a round of drinks, or a couple of packets of fags.

Guest MOLLY

Some dog drugs, just like human drugs have to be licienced and prescription only for very good reasons, i have no problem with that, it is in the dogs best interests. But as you say Baldie, if your dog has to have regular checks because of medication (one of mine has) then they should not charge the full consultaion fee, it should be the same as the usual follow up fee, which i think is about a third of the normal full consultation.

But you do put it into perspective when you rightly say its only a matter of cutting down on booze or cigs for a couple of nights to make sure your dog is ok.

MOLL.

Guest baldie

Its good that people are actively trying to source drugs/products for their animals.....it shows they care. None of us are millionaires, or particularly like being buttfucked at the vets, but either course of action, is better than none at all. I,ve seen some terrible treatment of dogs, especially terriers, by c**ts who wouldn,t use a vet, because of the cost, and their battle bloody animal is sat in a cold kennel, whilst the owner is sat in a pub, bragging about the size of the fox/pig/ his balls/mortgage/wifes tits [delete as applicable].

I would spend my last penny on my dogs, and have done without, many times, to pay a vet. I can sleep at night.This is in no way a dig at anyone here, just my usual inane ramblings.That book looks a good buy moll, i,ll have a look at that, there are many human drugs, readily available, that are exactly the same for dogs, take anti biotics for example. The big pink ones...SYNULOX are exactly the same drug, as the human form AMOXYCILLIN,except the human one is a capsule, so needs burying in food, just watch the dosages are the same. How many times have you packed in a course of these [which you shouldn,t] to go out on the piss of a friday night? i know i have. Save the leftover in a pill bottle, somewhere dark, and dry, drugs have a shelf life a lot longer than they say......the drugs companies have to sell them afterall.The vet will charge around a quid to £1.50 a piece for the synulox tabs. ;) Helps if you are married to a nurse :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

millet dont talk shite vets bills can run in to hundreds if not thousands, i bet you dont carry that on the hip lol,most lads do there best for their dogs,get off your high horse.

if a mate came to me i would try and help him money wise,but if not i would help him how best i could .