Yard dogs?

beauceronXturkish shepherd

trouble;

post-53144-0-10196600-1397728946.jpg

very laid back dog owned by my boyfriend although not all of his littermates turned out as docile... Some were very highly driven.

Hes a very sociable dog, loves kids.. Some of his siblings were a lot bigger

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How the fooookin hell is getting a Presa like getting a legal Pitbull??? There's daft comments on here then there's daft comments and that was a really daft one.....     Get labrodor it's like gett

True mate I always find the "trespassers will be raped" sign works as a pretty good deterrent

An old acquaintance of mine had been a naughty boy, he lived in the back of beyond with just a single track leading to the house. He kept a GSD on a chain by the gate and had no trouble with unwanted

Posted Images

Hes thrown to the Anatolian by the looks of it.

Do you know much about the Beauceron? Was it a import or a uk bred dog? The Beauceron is a superb working animal IMO.

Edited by Sirius

Hes thrown to the Anatolian by the looks of it.

Do you know much about the Beauceron? Was it a import or a uk bred dog? The Beauceron is a superb working animal IMO.

he was bred in holland, my boyfriend lived there for many years and all off troubles commands are in dutch lol

from my understanding of it the man who bred him just kept them as pets/guards and as large dogs are not that popular in holland he had problems selling the litter even though he was asking very little money for the pups

I would have to agree with bird on the GSD :thumbs: Akita's can be VERY temperamental, personally i wouldnt 100% trust one, but then ive never owned one so cant comment completely on the breed.

Im one of the lucky one's - one of my workers bark like f**k if someone comes anywhere near my place, so i dont need a "yard dog" ive got a 2 in 1 :victory:

I've owned Akitas since 94 and they are extremely trustworthy believe me, I wouldn't say they're the best deterrent because they hardly bark. They can be terrible with other dogs, especially big ones.

I would have to agree with bird on the GSD :thumbs: Akita's can be VERY temperamental, personally i wouldnt 100% trust one, but then ive never owned one so cant comment completely on the breed.

Im one of the lucky one's - one of my workers bark like f**k if someone comes anywhere near my place, so i dont need a "yard dog" ive got a 2 in 1 :victory:

I've owned Akitas since 94 and they are extremely trustworthy believe me, I wouldn't say they're the best deterrent because they hardly bark. They can be terrible with other dogs, especially big ones.

didn't they fight them at one time against pits , didn't do that good what I read about them in Stratton pit books .!

didn't they fight them at one time against pits , didn't do that good what I read about them in Stratton pit books .!

They were Tosas Ray :thumbs:

Done the yard dog thing, won't go there again.

Nearly killed a pregnant terrier and killed a young promising terrier ,one way walk,in the end

Shit machines.

29910dogs_032.jpg

Edited by roybo

Get a Press canario,naturally guard and ultra friendly, buy a genuine pup,dont buy shite pay £300 plus a you should get a decent one,get imported bloodlines,,basically youre getting a legal apbt,really yard dog,had one,sold her to a pal,who needed a yard dog and wish I had her back,could run,jump and hunt we out with others,never a wanker in yard,and just a pleasure to own,and now im feeling the wanker for selling her,,,aaarrrghhh

How the fooookin hell is getting a Presa like getting a legal Pitbull??? There's daft comments on here then there's daft comments and that was a really daft one.....

Get labrodor it's like getting a lakeland ?

• Like 6

How the fooookin hell is getting a Presa like getting a legal Pitbull??? There's daft comments on here then there's daft comments and that was a really daft one.....

Get labrodor it's like getting a lakeland

I never thought a good game pit was really a guard dog, ok you might get few who will bite anybody, but most like people I found.? if you want a out out guard get gsd + bel mal they stop most blokes , 80lb teeth not many would want to test them.

• Like 2

Dogs for jobs, presa are good guards/detterrants but have no pitbull traits whatsoever, they bite that's about it!! Presa is a mastiff type holding dog, Presa translates to grip or hold in Spanish not fight.....

MISSUS KEEPS LABS FOR WORK DURING SHOOTING SEASON,AND ALTHOUGH IVE TRIED THEM,NOT ONE WOULD TACKLE A FOX,BUT IVE OWNED BOTH PRESA AND TRUE APBT BEFORE DOG ACT WITH APBT MIND AND THE PRESA WOULD DO EVERYTHING THE BULL WOULD DO,OBVIOUSLY YOUVE LOOKED INTO THE PRESA HAVENT YOU,A TRUE ONE,NOT SHITE,,MINE WAS 24" 55LB AND A FINE BITCH,MUSCLEY,FIT AND AS GAME AS A PEBBLE,,WATCH YOU TUBE THEN REPLY,IVE OWNED BOTH,AND I CAN EASILY SEE THE LIKENESS BETWEEN THEM,YOUVE OBVIOUSLY OWNED THEM BOTH ASWELL??? A PIT ISNT A NATURALLY VOCAL YARD DOG,A PRESA WILL BARK WHEN NEEDED,NOT A BARKER AT CRISP PACKETS,OR THE POSTMAN COMEING,YOU WANT A DOG TO GET USED TO DAILY AND REGULAR NOISES NOT A TWAT THAT YAPS AT ANYTHING AND HAS YOU CURTAIN TWITCHING EVERY 20 SECONDS,,

AND I MEANT IN BUILD,WHO THE FOOK WANTS TO FIGHT DOGS NOW ANYWAY,,AND HOW IS IT A DAFT COMMENT?? YOU WERE MISSING THE POINT TOTALLY,YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT CAN HOLD ON TO SOMETHING RIGHT? WHATS THE PITBULLS GREAT STRENGTH APART FROM FIGHTING,ITS GRIP,THEY DONT LET GO,JUST LIKE THE PRESA,,