102 replies to this topic

#46 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:27 pm

Well the way i see it some stalkers are getting payed 3 ways from a client , they get the stalk fee , the pulling of the trigger fee, and most will get the carcase aswell.But then if people want to pay it that's down to them but it's not for me. :no:  Oh i forgot 4 ways because there could be a trophy fee aswell.

Edited by THE STALKER, 10 April 2013 - 03:06 pm.

#47 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:37 pm

Well the way i see it some stalkers are getting payed 3 ways from a client , they get the stalk fee , the pulling of the trigger fee, and most will get the carcase aswell.But then if people want to pay it that's down to them but it's not for me. :no:

Indeed, well said that man.

#48 Caprelous

Caprelous

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:23 pm

Well the way i see it some stalkers are getting payed 3 ways from a client , they get the stalk fee , the pulling of the trigger fee, and most will get the carcase aswell.But then if people want to pay it that's down to them but it's not for me. :no:  Oh i forgot 4 ways because there could be a trophy fee aswell.

Are you saying by your inference that a client should not pay for the carcass if the client shot it.

I should point out that most stalking enterprises have to pay for a stalking lease which is set by the forest companies and in some cases costs many thousands of pounds, not all but most.

If they are running stalking as a business on top of that they have to carry public liability insurance should they take out clients which dosent come cheap. Also a requirement on most leases.

the revenue from the carcass costs goes a small way and I state a small way in offsetting the running and entitlement of the lease. I dont personally put mine into a GHE and sell privately because they dont pay in my opinion a fair price but thats another issue not relative to this debate.

I pose the question without rocking the boat of those who think that they are entitled to this and that and over charge by those in the stalking industry providing these services.

Why do you think that the person who has pulled the trigger is entitled to a freebie carcass when in fact if a stalker was carrying out his duties these finances would go back into the pot to offeset liabilitires etc.

Just curious as to your reasoning mind.

Cheers

Stu

As a point of interest to those who are not aware of the cost of standard leases 

if anyone purchased a standard lease that is one that is taken out by an individual for their own use.

Most Forest companies base the figures as a rule of thumb of £100 per beast shot from past years cull figures.

Taking out a commercial lease so that you can trade as a stalking enterprise is considerably more, this being due to the risk factor and the fact your using the lease as a financial gain/enterprise some 3 or 4 times the standard figure.

Theoretically everytime a client shoots a deer the figure in respect of lease cost could equate to £300 min to possible more.

From how I view it the only person whos getting a fair deal is the client not the chap whose providing the stalking .

I am not complaining like I just thought that through ignorance some may not be aware of what stalking leases can cost.

Edited by Caprelous, 10 April 2013 - 04:41 pm.

#49 danw

danw

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:02 pm

We used to take clients out at £70 per outing for cull animals we didn't charge for shot but retained the carcass it didn't take long to realise that it was a royal pain in the arse, that my time is worth far more than the fee and that its far more efficient and cost effective doing the cull myself and that is on a private estate with no lease to pay.

Ps hutchey in best pantomine voice "its behind you" lol
  • hutchey likes this

#50 hutchey

hutchey

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:30 pm

:D

#51 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:34 pm

We used to take clients out at £70 per outing for cull animals we didn't charge for shot but retained the carcass it didn't take long to realise that it was a royal pain in the arse, that my time is worth far more than the fee and that its far more efficient and cost effective doing the cull myself and that is on a private estate with no lease to pay.

Ps hutchey in best pantomine voice "its behind you" lol

:D

dare i ask :laugh: :laugh:

#52 hutchey

hutchey

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:38 pm

big Sika right behind the high seat, couldnt turn to get a shoot and it sniffed us and darted off  :cray:

• danw likes this

#53 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:39 pm

big Sika right behind the high seat, couldnt turn to get a shoot and it sniffed us and darted off  :cray:

bound to get the odd un :laugh: :laugh:

#54 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:44 pm

Are you saying by your inference that a client should not pay for the carcass if the client shot it.

I should point out that most stalking enterprises have to pay for a stalking lease which is set by the forest companies and in some cases costs many thousands of pounds, not all but most.

If they are running stalking as a business on top of that they have to carry public liability insurance should they take out clients which dosent come cheap. Also a requirement on most leases.

the revenue from the carcass costs goes a small way and I state a small way in offsetting the running and entitlement of the lease. I dont personally put mine into a GHE and sell privately because they dont pay in my opinion a fair price but thats another issue not relative to this debate.

I pose the question without rocking the boat of those who think that they are entitled to this and that and over charge by those in the stalking industry providing these services.

Why do you think that the person who has pulled the trigger is entitled to a freebie carcass when in fact if a stalker was carrying out his duties these finances would go back into the pot to offeset liabilitires etc.

Just curious as to your reasoning mind.

Cheers

Stu

As a point of interest to those who are not aware of the cost of standard leases 

if anyone purchased a standard lease that is one that is taken out by an individual for there own use.

Most Forest companies base the figures as a rule of thumb of £100 per beast shot from past years cull figures.

Taking out a commercial lease so that you can trade as a stalking enterprise is considerably more, this being due to the risk factor and the fact your using the lease as a financial gain/enterprise some 3 or 4 times the standard figure.

Theoretically everytime a client shoots a deer the figure in respect of lease cost could equate to £300 min to possible more.

From how I view it the only person whos getting a fair deal is the client not the chap whose providing the stalking .

I am not complaining like I just thought that through ignorance some may not be aware of what stalking leases can cost.

I don't think i said the client should have a free carcase, i was pointing out IMO the client has often to pay 4 ways to shoot a Deer, Boar, etc

#55 danw

danw

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:45 pm

bound to get the odd un :laugh: :laugh:

It happened twice that night lol then the only deer to move into a safe position where fallow does but they where 6 days out of season foxy paid the price for sitting infront of the seat though.
  • paulus and hutchey like this

#56 3175darren

3175darren

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:50 pm

I thinks sometimes people have been that greedy they have bid all sorts of stupid money at the land owner to get the stalking, that they have outpriced there stalking so  much the only way they can make there money back, is to inflate there price, and to put it blatently obviously on the stalk price would stop people from booking so they have hid it, in small increments,so the client does not see it in the same way,in other words fleecing people like a car sales man,     

#57 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:04 pm

I thinks sometimes people have been that greedy they have bid all sorts of stupid money at the land owner to get the stalking, that they have outpriced there stalking so  much the only way they can make there money back, is to inflate there price, and to put it blatently obviously on the stalk price would stop people from booking so they have hid it, in small increments,so the client does not see it in the same way,in other words fleecing people like a car sales man,     

ryan air stalking services :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#58 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:13 pm

Now you are not wrong there mate,too many with deep pockets,ruining it for working lads.

• Nots so bad lad likes this

#59 the scudd

the scudd

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:45 pm

a mate asked me to see if i could get him a day or two on the hinds on open hill, got quoted £230 for a day :bad:

#60 Philluk

Philluk

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:01 pm

I think it depends who owns the land. Anyone who owns their own land and charges fees to keep the estate going I can understand and sort of accept. But anyone who pays a landowner then sub it out just to make money is wrong, do you buy the deer and release them like pheasant shoots? No , if you don't pay for the shoot I can guarantee there will be a ton of people on here who will take over the land do it for free, do the same job and take some novices out for free as well.

I have a boat and my marina charge what's called a contractors fee, when someone works on my boat, so anytime i have a mechanic or a cleaner on my boat it costs me £15, what for nothing, as much as I ask they cannot justify that either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users