How much for a stalk ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll confess I took folks out for the money and no other reason (thats how a business works as aposed to a charity) and quite honestly if it weren't for being paid I wouldn't have wished to spend anot

I to am lucky to have some good stalking ,although a lot of the luck is brought on by hard work & doing a proper job for the people I stalk for (the last 4 sat mornings I've been fencing ,with 4 m

I guess there's good and bad "clients" though, some are sound and worth helping and some just aint worth the time and some are just well they just have no bloody luck at all lol

We used to take clients out at £70 per outing for cull animals we didn't charge for shot but retained the carcass it didn't take long to realise that it was a royal pain in the arse, that my time is worth far more than the fee and that its far more efficient and cost effective doing the cull myself and that is on a private estate with no lease to pay.

Ps hutchey in best pantomine voice "its behind you" lol

:D

dare i ask :laugh: :laugh:

big Sika right behind the high seat, couldnt turn to get a shoot and it sniffed us and darted off :cray:

bound to get the odd un :laugh: :laugh:

It happened twice that night lol then the only deer to move into a safe position where fallow does but they where 6 days out of season foxy paid the price for sitting infront of the seat though.

• Like 2

I thinks sometimes people have been that greedy they have bid all sorts of stupid money at the land owner to get the stalking, that they have outpriced there stalking so much the only way they can make there money back, is to inflate there price, and to put it blatently obviously on the stalk price would stop people from booking so they have hid it, in small increments,so the client does not see it in the same way,in other words fleecing people like a car sales man,

I thinks sometimes people have been that greedy they have bid all sorts of stupid money at the land owner to get the stalking, that they have outpriced there stalking so much the only way they can make there money back, is to inflate there price, and to put it blatently obviously on the stalk price would stop people from booking so they have hid it, in small increments,so the client does not see it in the same way,in other words fleecing people like a car sales man,

ryan air stalking services :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now you are not wrong there mate,too many with deep pockets,ruining it for working lads.

• Like 1

I think it depends who owns the land. Anyone who owns their own land and charges fees to keep the estate going I can understand and sort of accept. But anyone who pays a landowner then sub it out just to make money is wrong, do you buy the deer and release them like pheasant shoots? No , if you don't pay for the shoot I can guarantee there will be a ton of people on here who will take over the land do it for free, do the same job and take some novices out for free as well.

I have a boat and my marina charge what's called a contractors fee, when someone works on my boat, so anytime i have a mechanic or a cleaner on my boat it costs me £15, what for nothing, as much as I ask they cannot justify that either.

I think it depends who owns the land. Anyone who owns their own land and charges fees to keep the estate going I can understand and sort of accept. But anyone who pays a landowner then sub it out just to make money is wrong, do you buy the deer and release them like pheasant shoots? No , if you don't pay for the shoot I can guarantee there will be a ton of people on here who will take over the land do it for free, do the same job and take some novices out for free as well.

I have a boat and my marina charge what's called a contractors fee, when someone works on my boat, so anytime i have a mechanic or a cleaner on my boat it costs me £15, what for nothing, as much as I ask they cannot justify that either.

I would have thought if you owned a boat with me once having one and can empathize with you . and the money it costs in marina fees or mooring fees , the charge made by stalking establishments would be small change in partaking in your chosen sport. LOL.

Edited by Caprelous

is this a bit too simplistic:

if you own the land then its fair to charge

if you are employed to work on the land (farmer, game keeper, etc) then does that give the right to charge? (as any money, carcass etc is the property of the owner)

if the employee doesnt want to take you out then thats fair enough as its their time.

it just seems like some folk who have the permission to shoot, stalk, boar hunt etc are then charging onwards for their own pocket lining. surely this is wrong!

i'm entirely new too this so be gentle with critique. :angel:

Yes.....

if you own the land its fair to charge......

if you are employed to work on the land(farmer,gamekeeper, etc ) that does not give you the right to charge because your employed to do what your employer wants.

if the employee dos'nt want to take you that's not ok because they are employed to do a job ...

It all depends on who has the stalking / shooting right on the land .Which unfortunately boils down to in many cases, who has the deepest pockets. This said there are times when even the landowner /farmer has to look further than the quick buck (excuse the pun) and look to the longer game.one of my places was let for silly money to a guy who wanted to shoot a few decent bucks during the rut after which he had no real interest .This eventually led the farmer to realise the deer in the end were doing more damage to crops,fences etc than was coming back as rent with the problem increasing year on year. We now work to a plan were I cull the deer ,he's not pulling what little hair he has left out, we half the venison .I also put up the seats ,mainly doubles(£200 a go) ,& to retain that stalking im out every few days , that takes time, fuel ,etc ....So to take someone out all that needs putting in the equation .I don't want that to sound i'm hard done by i'm not I love doing it ,I don't earn any sort of a living from stalking but what comes in offsets SOME of the cost.......There are not that many people that earn a fortune from stalking compared to sitting in an office punching a key board......that's were the big crooks are !!

• Like 1

It all boils down to we all have somewhere either Scottish or Yorkshire blood in our veins and we are all as tight as cramp.

We all think we are being robbed and we all want it for nothing or in some cases to be paid for doing it. LOL

Its human nature yet when you try to give it away know one wants it. LOL they all think its a catch LOL

This Stalking game cracks me up good style.

Your Either a miserable b*****d or a Robbing one. you cant win

• Like 1

Yes.....

if you own the land its fair to charge......

if you are employed to work on the land(farmer,gamekeeper, etc ) that does not give you the right to charge because your employed to do what your employer wants.

if the employee dos'nt want to take you that's not ok because they are employed to do a job ...

It all depends on who has the stalking / shooting right on the land .Which unfortunately boils down to in many cases, who has the deepest pockets. This said there are times when even the landowner /farmer has to look further than the quick buck (excuse the pun) and look to the longer game.one of my places was let for silly money to a guy who wanted to shoot a few decent bucks during the rut after which he had no real interest .This eventually led the farmer to realise the deer in the end were doing more damage to crops,fences etc than was coming back as rent with the problem increasing year on year. We now work to a plan were I cull the deer ,he's not pulling what little hair he has left out, we half the venison .I also put up the seats ,mainly doubles(£200 a go) ,& to retain that stalking im out every few days , that takes time, fuel ,etc ....So to take someone out all that needs putting in the equation .I don't want that to sound i'm hard done by i'm not I love doing it ,I don't earn any sort of a living from stalking but what comes in offsets SOME of the cost.......There are not that many people that earn a fortune from stalking compared to sitting in an office punching a key board......that's were the big crooks are !!

Never a truer sentence made.

Cheers Stu