The Nite Site NS200 day time and night time review

Yes a very interesting bit of kit . I've looked at the reviews of these at some length , as well as the competitors , and I can see it has started a revolution in Night Vision . For many year its been priced way beyond the average bloke , but now seems to be within almost everyone's reach . Having used a few night vision units , up to Gen 3 military stuff , this little gem certainly gives a good quality image and good range . At the minute , with the new pulsar N750 in the shops at £1300 n I does seem very tempting . I've nearly made my mind up to get myself a pulsar for the dark nights in winter , I'll definitely give this unit a try . Great review Si , Bust .

not forgetting and i qwote from acouple sourses ''well, people exspect the NV stuff to be big and heavey'' my reply was thanks for desiding that without asking me lol..1kg on average at the time.. or 1 thou on the tag.

added on..stricly speeking it isnt 'night vision' in the sence that it needs a light to see..in this case infra red instead of cree or similar.

Umm :hmm: in that case then its only high quality gen 1 and mil spec gen 3 and above that are real night vision Ghillies :blink: ?

Yukon and many others may disagree about that.

The camera on the NS200 will see just like a gen 1 and gen 1+ without IR if the ambient light is enough, maybe not as good but it does see. :yes:

good point. most gen1 units need ir too lol.

Edited by ghillies

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warning, this review contains shot vermin.   Hi there,   In this episode of VerminHuntersTV you will see the review that me and Davy have done concentrating on showing you that not only is the NS2

It would be perfect for the golf course buddy.   Thanks for the comment.   Si.

Yes a very interesting bit of kit . I've looked at the reviews of these at some length , as well as the competitors , and I can see it has started a revolution in Night Vision . For many year its been

Yes a very interesting bit of kit . I've looked at the reviews of these at some length , as well as the competitors , and I can see it has started a revolution in Night Vision . For many year its been priced way beyond the average bloke , but now seems to be within almost everyone's reach . Having used a few night vision units , up to Gen 3 military stuff , this little gem certainly gives a good quality image and good range . At the minute , with the new pulsar N750 in the shops at £1300 n I does seem very tempting . I've nearly made my mind up to get myself a pulsar for the dark nights in winter , I'll definitely give this unit a try . Great review Si , Bust .

not forgetting and i qwote from acouple sourses ''well, people exspect the NV stuff to be big and heavey'' my reply was thanks for desiding that without asking me lol..1kg on average at the time.. or 1 thou on the tag.

added on..stricly speeking it isnt 'night vision' in the sence that it needs a light to see..in this case infra red instead of cree or similar.

Don't know what your trying to say here ?

Wanna give me a clue brains ?

Hi

Looked at these units but decided to have a N550 with the Sony doubler IMO its a far better unit. I was talking to a guy who works for Thomas jacks and he said early 2013 pulsar are bringing out a night vision like the N750 but with a built in range finder. Pulsar are also in the next 2 months coming out with a NV unit for airguns for around £400 mark

Don't know what your trying to say here ?

Wanna give me a clue brains ?

a image intensifier picks up on the photons 'of light' and amplifies them in a cascade inside the tube, as in one foton hits another and makes 5 those 5 make 25 and so on, gen 1 is a 1000x 'amplificasion. but thats without illuminasion as such, yeh the moon but the moon isnt the sun.

camera are usualy just picking up on a light sourse, e.g. a spotlight at night and you get a colour image, turn the light off it goes black.. the IR is just a diferent spot light.

but as pinted out on another post above the odd one can pick up in a similar darknes to the gen 1 intensifier tubes.

so in a sence the average camera isnt a 'true night vision device' vecause it needs IR or light to see in the dark.

(and yes gen 1 generally need IR or its fairly pap lol).

Still not got a clue what your on about .

As far as i can make out your trying to say ( and i may be wrong )

That an add on isnt Night Vision ...........?

If it needs IR its not an Night Vision Unit .....?

Well as far as im concerned thats wrong .

We use a PVS 14 as a spotter and we use an IR laser with that . Is that not an NV unit ? Its Gen 3 and its amazing ..................

Edited by Buster321c

lol chill...

true night vision doesnt need IR what ever its shape or whereever it gets stuck lol (it amplifies photons in a cascade effect...)

very few camera come close to a gen 2 or 3... and that PVS aside lol.

in short..average camera needs a light sourse yeh? without it the screen black. no more no less.

Ok .

And yes the PVS is awesome on its own , BUT , matched with a decent IR source is phenomenal !!

Admitted i dont know the specs and facts , but i will agree that a good unit is good alone .

Also i must add that i have this -

_MG_4555.jpg

Which is a Sony board camera , and a 9-22 zoom lens for a board camera .

Works VERY well and picks up IR light ...................

Costs about £80 to put together ..............

557067_153479228114310_654031897_n.jpg

:D

Davy and Goldminer will vouch for its compact size . Once ive got the housing sorted ( am waitng on the postman ) it`ll be a cheap and compact unit that ANYONE can have and use out to 50 yds .

Buster .

i got the EFFIO 600 tv lines one, and a 580 tv lined one too, the 600 is better in that the image in colour doesnt pixalate in blotch's just as its about to change to BW.

end of the day i dont think yu cant grumble if its under 100 quid.. my screen was 13 quid.

i'm still on a 5-55 auto iris, its a plastic body but does ok. (just got to box n mount it all now lol).

i've always said ''can you see in the dark? you can with one of these''...

after thought, i even tried a 480 tv lined 6 quider cmos..it works with ir but the image is a bit ermmm not asgood as the other two, it would be more than usuable for the ratting end. probably out to bunny range too on a small screen.

Edited by ghillies

Hi

Looked at these units but decided to have a N550 with the Sony doubler IMO its a far better unit. I was talking to a guy who works for Thomas jacks and he said early 2013 pulsar are bringing out a night vision like the N750 but with a built in range finder. Pulsar are also in the next 2 months coming out with a NV unit for airguns for around £400 mark

Each to his own but i totally disagree...Ive used the n550 and dont get me wrong it gives a fantastic image and i loved the reticle system but.. i didnt like how high they sit on a rifle and also found it a pain not being able to swap it around different rifles easily which is something i can do very easily with my ns200. Plus the standard magnification for the n550 is too low so you have to fork out more cash for the Sony doubler. I also found the onboard l.r. battery life is also poor.

When it came to buying the ns200 it was a no brainer for me after taking into account the above and also the fact that the unit is half the price of an n550. Ive had my ns200 over 6 months now and im still impressed with it.

• Like 1