The Nite Site NS200 day time and night time review

Warning, this review contains shot vermin.

Hi there,

In this episode of VerminHuntersTV you will see the review that me and Davy have done concentrating on showing you that not only is the NS200 a fantastic piece of night vision equipment, it is also a brilliant day time shooting camera to use in conjunction with a mini DVR to record your footage with.

Thanks for watching,

Si & Davy.

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warning, this review contains shot vermin.   Hi there,   In this episode of VerminHuntersTV you will see the review that me and Davy have done concentrating on showing you that not only is the NS2

It would be perfect for the golf course buddy.   Thanks for the comment.   Si.

Yes a very interesting bit of kit . I've looked at the reviews of these at some length , as well as the competitors , and I can see it has started a revolution in Night Vision . For many year its been

Yes a very interesting bit of kit . I've looked at the reviews of these at some length , as well as the competitors , and I can see it has started a revolution in Night Vision . For many year its been priced way beyond the average bloke , but now seems to be within almost everyone's reach . Having used a few night vision units , up to Gen 3 military stuff , this little gem certainly gives a good quality image and good range . At the minute , with the new pulsar N750 in the shops at £1300 n I does seem very tempting . I've nearly made my mind up to get myself a pulsar for the dark nights in winter , I'll definitely give this unit a try . Great review Si , Bust .

• Like 1

Yes a very interesting bit of kit . I've looked at the reviews of these at some length , as well as the competitors , and I can see it has started a revolution in Night Vision . For many year its been priced way beyond the average bloke , but now seems to be within almost everyone's reach . Having used a few night vision units , up to Gen 3 military stuff , this little gem certainly gives a good quality image and good range . At the minute , with the new pulsar N750 in the shops at £1300 n I does seem very tempting . I've nearly made my mind up to get myself a pulsar for the dark nights in winter , I'll definitely give this unit a try . Great review Si , Bust .

not forgetting and i qwote from acouple sourses ''well, people exspect the NV stuff to be big and heavey'' my reply was thanks for desiding that without asking me lol..1kg on average at the time.. or 1 thou on the tag.

added on..stricly speeking it isnt 'night vision' in the sence that it needs a light to see..in this case infra red instead of cree or similar.

Edited by ghillies

Good review Si Mate ;),

Just awaiting My Pulsar N550 with 950 ir Flash light will see how it compares

as i prefer a scope type NV rather than an add on type plus it won't affect My zero

as it will be mounted to My weaver Rail so it's a case of on off affair without the messing about.

atvb Daz 7.

great review Si and some nice footage, i own the ns200 and love the unit its spot on for my needs, the only thing i have changed is the house brick of a battery for the a cheapie chinese one which is stock mounted. i was undecided for some time on getting one then had a go of the ns50 and although its a different shooting posistion it takes no time to get used to. and after being impressed with the ns50 i opted for the ns200. i only shoot airgun ranges anyway but wanted the extra legs for spotting. i have looked into a recording unit dvr and i think the one you used would have been the jxd cheapie unit. and it seems to work fine if a little low on recording quality. but as stated the image through the unit is clear as a bell. the best scope i used the unit on is the mtc range. i use a mamba and mamba lite with the unit and pic is nice and clear. i have had a good image out to a rangefinded 160yards. so more than capable. it works on most scopes, a friend gets a great pic with his ns50 on a hawke panarama ev ao. need to get out more with it now bring on the early dark nights.

not forgetting and i qwote from acouple sourses ''well, people exspect the NV stuff to be big and heavey'' my reply was thanks for desiding that without asking me lol..1kg on average at the time.. or 1 thou on the tag.

added on..stricly speeking it isnt 'night vision' in the sence that it needs a light to see..in this case infra red instead of cree or similar.

Umm :hmm: in that case then its only high quality gen 2 and mil spec gen 3 and above that are real night vision Ghillies :blink: ?

Yukon and many others may disagree about that.

The camera on the NS200 will see just like a gen 1 and gen 1+ without IR if the ambient light is enough, maybe not as good but it does see. :yes:

Good review Si Mate ;),

as i prefer a scope type NV rather than an add on type plus it won't affect My zero

as it will be mounted to My weaver Rail so it's a case of on off affair without the messing about.

atvb Daz 7.

If you mean the Pulsar with the 850 nm IR laser Daz it will work very well indeed as Ive tested a few now with that set up and they see awesomely at night with the laser on.

Why not get the N750 the newer model mate with the built in doubler?

Thanks for the comment pal.

Good to hear from you again too.

Si.

great review Si and some nice footage, i own the ns200 and love the unit its spot on for my needs, the only thing i have changed is the house brick of a battery for the a cheapie chinese one which is stock mounted. i was undecided for some time on getting one then had a go of the ns50 and although its a different shooting posistion it takes no time to get used to. and after being impressed with the ns50 i opted for the ns200. i only shoot airgun ranges anyway but wanted the extra legs for spotting. i have looked into a recording unit dvr and i think the one you used would have been the jxd cheapie unit. and it seems to work fine if a little low on recording quality. but as stated the image through the unit is clear as a bell. the best scope i used the unit on is the mtc range. i use a mamba and mamba lite with the unit and pic is nice and clear. i have had a good image out to a rangefinded 160yards. so more than capable. it works on most scopes, a friend gets a great pic with his ns50 on a hawke panarama ev ao. need to get out more with it now bring on the early dark nights.

Yes its a real good item to use at night.

I too have got another smaller lighter battery that I use with the one me and Davy have and use the big one as a spare.

Ive seen so far really well to 97 yards according to Google Earth and know that rabbits I was looking at could of been another 50 or 60 yards further and I would of seen eye shine pretty easy.

I have spotted a fox as well but didn't record it that later on when I looked on Google Earth was 228 yards.

I saw its eyes only at first and wasn't sure what it was until it moved closer after 10 mins of mooching about and then I clearly identified it as a fox at about 110 - 120 yards.

Si.

Good review Si Mate ;),

atvb Daz 7.

If you mean the Pulsar with the 850 nm IR laser Daz it will work very well indeed as Ive tested a few now with that set up and they see awesomely at night with the laser on.

Why not get the N750 the newer model mate with the built in doubler?

Thanks for the comment pal.

Good to hear from you again too.

Si.

Because it's £1300 Si for the N750 :huh::icon_eek::icon_redface:

Mines a second hand N550 for £543 and that is with the 950 nm ir and Postage. :yes:

Plus You can get the Doubler cheap off Evil bay and there's a New lad on the Rapid forum that makes the

connector for N550 & N750 for both sony and Pulsar doublers.

atvb Daz 7.

atvb Daz 7.

Edited by Daz 7