A little monkey that lives in a caravan who goes by the Internet name of Milegajo informs me today that he couldn't bring himself to shoot inferior springers anymore so swapped his 97K for a 95K that he can't stop texting me about how good it is.

I guess being his childhood hero he just had to have what I have.

;-)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skot you won't go wrong with a 95K mate, I love mine and possibly the most accurate springer I've ever fired!   Wouldn't swap mine for anything, and I mean anything!   ATB Mawders

Yeah and always involved the Provos and double timing round the drill sqaure. :cray:

Shooting into the neighbours garden!!! I can see why they may dislike you. Oh well at least you learnt from it.   Maybe shooting the furniture isn't such a bad thing after all   Mawders

Ohhh ah ah!

Yeah I did. Felt my synthetic HW97k was too much like a plastic TX200, swapped it for a 95 this morning and my god what a little beauty. If I'd bought it new i would have just got it from SFS and got it tuned. It's great, but judging by Mawders' specimen it coyld be fantastic. A true heirloom peice if looked after.

got mine ordered from kirklees guns in huddersfield. they said it should arrive by thursday but il be at work so wont be going to get it untill saturday.. might get it tuned at a later date.. just hoping its a pretty good one straight out of the box.

what scope you got on your milegajo? get a pic up on here aswell ;) - do you think a 50mm would sit too high to be comfortable?

Roger that. I got an old 4-12x50 ao nikko mountmaster. It's ok but doesn't do the rifle justice and yes, too high for my liking. Looks bulky and ott. Mawders' 40mm panorama is just the ticket, though i may have to skimp and get a sport hd.

i think my 97 wud suit my 4-12x50 panorama better but got my 3-9x40 ags on there at the min.

was thinking when i get my 95 the cheekpiece/comb wont be as high as the 97 so a 40mm would be better. i have a 3-9x40 sport hd and the ags.. so dont know which to put on. lol cud get my overdraft extended and get a 4-12x40 panorama to go with the 50mm one :whistling::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mines going to be .177. and after a LOT of reading up on them a lot of people claim them to be twangy..but as long as its accurate i couldnt care to be honest..

Mr squirrel isnt going to turn around and say "guns a bit twangy, init pal" when hes laid out on the floor with a hole in the brain and blood everywhere!! :D

No way Milegajo, I can't believe you've swapped rifles again :laugh: You gave into the Mawders pressure and went for the 95!

I shot one at the club and it sounded like an elastic band! Would definately need tune. Lovely light and nice handling rifle all the same. I'd buy a tuned one fron SFS I think. Maybe in another 12 months..

my plan is.. have some twangy fun with the 97 and 95 untill i get a hw100. then will be some serious shooting vermin and the springers probably wont get a look in.. then after a few months when i have got my credit card balance right down and not in my overdraft il get both the springers tuned. maybe sfs maybe a vmach kit havent decided yet lol

my 97 doesnt seem too twangy. check the vid i put up other day.. just hoping when i pick up the 95 that wont be too bad either... heard a LOT of bad stories of twangy out of the box hw95/98's ah well. accuracy is main thing if i can get decent groups i aint too fussed what it sounds like lol

It was twangy as hell when I got it. Easy to strip down, got her lubed. Less twangy, changed from super mags to aa fields and superdomes and she's acceptable, with a shunt and slight muffled 'dung', but no where near as good as an SFS one. I don't think a v-mach on its own would cure it, I think Tony must really go in depth and do some work I simply don't have the tools for. He'll be getting some money off me soon, as I can tolerate it, but not live with it as it is presently.

• Like 1

No way Milegajo, I can't believe you've swapped rifles again laugh.png You gave into the Mawders pressure and went for the 95!

I shot one at the club and it sounded like an elastic band! Would definately need tune. Lovely light and nice handling rifle all the same. I'd buy a tuned one fron SFS I think. Maybe in another 12 months..

I surely did Elliott. He knows how to pick away at ya.