That's a 252 charge and a lifetime on Jankers!

:thumbs:

what does that mean pal? I work in a supermarket..not the army lol

Only joking Skot.

It's an RAF Disciplinary order. For handling a weapon "dangerously" (Like your apparent shooting of your furniture!) you were put on a "252". Or a "Fizzer". That's a disciplinery charge written on an RAF Form252. Usually the punishment was "Jankers". Basically fatigues, spud bashing, cleaning the bogs, sweeping the guardroom out and kit inspection.

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skot you won't go wrong with a 95K mate, I love mine and possibly the most accurate springer I've ever fired!   Wouldn't swap mine for anything, and I mean anything!   ATB Mawders

Yeah and always involved the Provos and double timing round the drill sqaure. :cray:

Shooting into the neighbours garden!!! I can see why they may dislike you. Oh well at least you learnt from it.   Maybe shooting the furniture isn't such a bad thing after all   Mawders

Only joking Skot.

It's an RAF Disciplinary order. For handling a weapon "dangerously" (Like your apparent shooting of your furniture!) you were put on a "252". Or a "Fizzer". That's a disciplinery charge written on an RAF Form252. Usually the punishment was "Jankers". Basically fatigues, spud bashing, cleaning the bogs, sweeping the guardroom out and kit inspection.

Ours in the Army were R.O.P's, Restriction of Privileges, Same sort of Punishments though :laugh: :laugh: ;):yes:

Edited by Daz 7
  • Like 1

Only joking Skot.

Ours in the Army were R.O.P's, Restriction of Privileges, Same sort of Punishments though :laugh: :laugh: ;):yes:

Yeah and always involved the Provos and double timing round the drill sqaure. :cray: :cray:

• Like 2

Had a kid in my platoon leave his disposable lighter next to his hexi burner when we were on an exercise...the bang got him an 'nd' (negligent discharge) charge and a date with the csm. hehe. Those safety drills will follow me to the grave...

• Like 1

well just got back from a spot of lamping. didnt see much. got one small bunny under a tree near a warren, usual hot spot, looked bigger than it was -otherwise id have left it to grow..

i didnt have the velcro on the stock for the lamp switch to stick to, so i was having to hold it weird.. as i was aiming at the rabbit (about 20 yards) standing, otherwise i wouldnt have got a shot off, i was just finely tuning my aimpoint trying to steady as best i could (hope you know what i mean) and i had it just right, but as i squeezed the trigger i wobbled like f**k randomly!! maybe because the gun is lighter than im used to with the hw97kst :bad:

little mr bugs kicked twice and then lay still. i picked him up amd the pellet had struck just next to his front arm/leg and luckily it was a clean heart and lung shot. thank god!

even with a one piece mount and 3-9x40 ags scope and the deben tracer mini on top of it this gun is really light.. ive been carrying it for about 2 hours and my arms are ok lol ..and yes i have noodle arms haha.

so the hw95k has had a rabbit and a squirrel ;)

cant wait for some bacon and chilli tomato noodles with fried tender young rabbit for my lunch tomorow. also my panorama 4-12x40 is coming tomorow .. she will finally have the scope she deserves hahaha

goodnight lads thanks for reading :victory:

• Like 1

Best light weight springer in my opinion.

Will match any springer for accuracy easily :yes: .

Ive owned many over the years and cant recommend them enough Skot.

Get it stage 1 tuned at SFS and you have a rifle that will provide 5p 5 shots groups at 45 to 50 yards if shot correctly, I promise you :boogy: .

Dont quote me but I think the HW95 can only be stage 1 tuned and not stage 2 tuned, but you would have to ask Tony yourself mate. Stage 1 is well enough though mate.

Si.

Yes SFS tuned 95k the best springer money can buy, and dare I say the equal of a venom tuned gun albeit lacking the lovely blueing and walnut.

I also have a SFS tuned Diana 280k in 22 which is about £70 cheaper than the 95 and as good, being just as light and paintable.

Edited by mikemjm

Nice one! Those offhand standing shots are the hardest ones to do accurately. I practise them every day without fail and get good headshot results for it. Practise, practise, practise.

i forgot to put the velcro on my stock for the lamp switch, so i was holding that all funny aswell it was really awkward so holding the rifle steady was a lot harder. just glad it dropped and didnt get away injured.

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale

Nice one! Those offhand standing shots are the hardest ones to do accurately. I practise them every day without fail and get good headshot results for it. Practise, practise, practise.

i forgot to put the velcro on my stock for the lamp switch, so i was holding that all funny aswell it was really awkward so holding the rifle steady was a lot harder. just glad it dropped and didnt get away injured.

Compromised stance then, glad you got a quick, humane kill nonetheless.

Happy hunting :)

another quick lamping update.. got 2 bunnys wasnt wobbling as much got used to the gun + lamp set up a bit more.. and had the velcro for the switch on the stock this time!

couldnt get anywhere near them as they were pretty lampshy but i got 2 cracking shots off and a few near misses where i just went over or under their heads. with guessing the ranges wrong

one estimated about 35 yards, perfect brain shot, and the other a slightly bigger rabbit.. just sat there up this little slope about 45-50yards away, hit it straight in the eye! from standing aswell.. well happy with that, love this little hw95k already !!! :victory: