Stig is this the article you meant ?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080923143004AAbn2CD

The lads only got a tiny little back garden and his mother wants her shed back.... one of them little kitboxes he could screw up on the back wall....would be ideal really......THis sort of thing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIRMINGHAM-ROLLERS-RACING-PIGEONS-TIPPLERS-SINGLE-KIT-BOX-LOFT-SHED-/181226704808?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Birds&hash=item2a31f40fa8#ht_38wt_1255

So a cage on the outside so they can look around before their first flight......sounds a good idea

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my new kit box just need to add landing boards and perches then I can move the birds in.

I'm not sure if this will work I'm struggling a bit with my new phone.

Made me laugh that paddy glad they give you joy can tell just reading it. Get some pics up

The lads only got a tiny little back garden and his mother wants her shed back.... one of them little kitboxes he could screw up on the back wall....would be ideal really.

So a cage on the outside so they can look around before their first flight......sounds a good idea

that's the one gnash --I struggle with links now my daughters at uni ... something like a small aviairy attached ..with a kit box you could put one each side some lads put them on the back but if your against a wall..the ones on ebay are sound fit for purpose :thumbs:

Edited by the_stig

I love the look of these kit boxes. I wonder if these could be used for homers, for some of the lads suffering with pigeon lung

No reason why not. There's been some successful racers who have used rabbit hutch type cages for them.
  • Like 1

The lads only got a tiny little back garden and his mother wants her shed back.... one of them little kitboxes he could screw up on the back wall....would be ideal really.

that's the one gnash --I struggle with links now my daughters at uni ... something like a small aviairy attached ..with a kit box you could put one each side some lads put them on the back but if your against a wall..the ones on ebay are sound fit for purpose :thumbs:

Took your advice Stig ive talked the young lad ( and his mother :D ) into having the birds in the shed rather than a kitbox.............well half the shed anyway he,s going to build a loft inside the shed kind of thing,one of the windows is going to be used as a trap......also talked him into getting a few homers/racing types rather than the doves he,s buzzing bless him......spoke to him earlier he hit me with all these jansens and bush hearts or something :blink: i didnt have a clue what he was on about but he wants to have a go with some white racers.....................i did say to him,as little as i know i would imagine its like any other performance animal " colour comes last "......i imagine that applies to pigeons also ?......but he,s struck on white ones and he,ll only be learning from them for now so im on the search for a few pairs for him any idea where to start looking ?.............Is there a pigeon magazine or anything anyone know ?

There is pigeon magazines mate but your as well looking on birdtrader for white racers. If he gets racers he'll need to get squeakers or an adult pair and only fly the young bred from them as their homing instinct is a lot better and they will bugger off. Would he not be interested in a performing breed like rollers, taklas, doneks etc ?

Took your advice Stig ive talked the young lad ( and his mother :D ) into having the birds in the shed rather than a kitbox.............well half the shed anyway he,s going to build a loft inside the shed kind of thing,one of the windows is going to be used as a trap......also talked him into getting a few homers/racing types rather than the doves he,s buzzing bless him......spoke to him earlier he hit me with all these jansens and bush hearts or something :blink: i didnt have a clue what he was on about but he wants to have a go with some white racers.....................i did say to him,as little as i know i would imagine its like any other performance animal " colour comes last "......i imagine that applies to pigeons also ?......but he,s struck on white ones and he,ll only be learning from them for now so im on the search for a few pairs for him any idea where to start looking ?.............Is there a pigeon magazine or anything anyone know ?

you can get white racers Christian off here keeps a few ---grizzles and pieds are nice to look at .. look up louella lofts they do a deal on young birds in lots.. if you can find your local club ring the secretary for a chat he may point you in the direction of local fanciers with spare birds and advice most clubs hold winter shows --once he`s up and running someone will guide him through it all.. if your having the shed look up pigeon loft images you can add a box to the front the roof/top then becomes your landing board with your traps above ..3 good pigeon books on ebay now £9-50 plus p n p --all by good writers ..

Edited by the_stig

There is pigeon magazines mate but your as well looking on birdtrader for white racers. If he gets racers he'll need to get squeakers or an adult pair and only fly the young bred from them as their homing instinct is a lot better and they will bugger off. Would he not be interested in a performing breed like rollers, taklas, doneks etc ?

Are they white ? :D ..........Think he,s probably been infuenced by me to be honest i quite like the idea of racing pigeons........just dont fancy committing to it myself so everyones a winner this way :D

you can get white racers Christian off here keeps a few ---grizzles and pieds are nice to look at .. look up louella lofts they do a deal on young birds in lots.. if you can find your local club ring the secretary for a chat he may point you in the direction of local fanciers with spare birds and advice most clubs hold winter shows --once he`s up and running someone will guide him through it all.. if your having the shed look up pigeon loft images you can add a box to the front the roof/top then becomes your landing board with your traps above ..

He,s been researching a lot on the internet,hence all his new found bloodlines jargon.......he reckons he couldnt find a club anywhere local ( east end of London ) and he,s only a youngster so dont drive yet..............seems like pigeon racing is more of a northern thing apparently......anyway i,ll look up those names cheers :thumbs:

you can get white racers Christian off here keeps a few ---grizzles and pieds are nice to look at .. look up louella lofts they do a deal on young birds in lots.. if you can find your local club ring the secretary for a chat he may point you in the direction of local fanciers with spare birds and advice most clubs hold winter shows --once he`s up and running someone will guide him through it all.. if your having the shed look up pigeon loft images you can add a box to the front the roof/top then becomes your landing board with your traps above ..

He,s been researching a lot on the internet,hence all his new found bloodlines jargon.......he reckons he couldnt find a club anywhere local ( east end of London ) and he,s only a youngster so dont drive yet..............seems like pigeon racing is more of a northern thing apparently......anyway i,ll look up those names cheers :thumbs:

royal racing pigeon association --website starting up and young fanciers section they might tell what clubs are in your area ..

I think he'd really struggle with racers having no transport unless there's someone local to him who could help him get started and help with training tosses etc. Good luck to him though whatever he decides.

I think he'd really struggle with racers having no transport unless there's someone local to him who could help him get started and help with training tosses etc. Good luck to him though whatever he decides.

Thats what his big uncs for ......not that im his uncle but its the role i seem to be playing lately :D .............dont think he,ll be taking it too serious anyway as long as it keeps him off the streets for now.............seems a nice healthy hobby so we,ll see how it go,s :thumbs:

• Like 1