• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my new kit box just need to add landing boards and perches then I can move the birds in.

I'm not sure if this will work I'm struggling a bit with my new phone.

Made me laugh that paddy glad they give you joy can tell just reading it. Get some pics up

Doing nothing at the mo mate. I was trying to get some young off them rather than get them out working and thats not happened with one thing or another. My big blue doo and a racer hen are sitting some roller eggs at the mo, they were in together for weeks built a nest but no eggs so I tricked her into thinking she layed. The other doos racer hen got out never to be seen again. I'll get them going soon though.

IMAG1375_zps3410f951.jpg

IMAG1376_zpsda60e66e.jpg

The first pics are birds I've already got flying out and kitting and this

IMAG0048_zpsdb5fd5bf.jpg

is some new birds I got last I'm looking forward to getting going.

Is that the kitbox you made Gnipper.......looks good,plenty of room in there.

My mate made it for me gnash but yeah it's that one, there's only 15 perches in each side but room for 30 easily so it won't be getting too crowded in there. The little buggers have probably got too much room tbh
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

most likely goes with out saying but be sure to make the pigeon loft out of material strong enough to keep out a fox. A good friend of mine had his fouls taken 3 times last year and now the hen house is fox proof the b*****d got in and killed half his pigeons. bloody town fox his time will come.

• 1 month later...

Gnipper look out for limericks powerful looking big bird with they're hole feet coverd in feather n some of the thickest strange colours on their chest. Should be a brave lump cocks and hens. Ther lazy but very easy looked infact no looking after in them. I keep the opals coz ther light for droppers for my tipplers but would give up the tipplers n just hold on the limericks in a flash I've them in a beehive oil tank few holes cut out of it ya can screw perches to it but best of all ya open her up n blast it with the hose no scraping no hassle

Gripper just read the 1st post and gathered your doing very well clean tidy setup ya have ther buddy. Do ya always say I wana loft I'd say don't get 1 them kit boxes are dead on but a 8x6 garden shed perfect. Ya end up filling your loft with stock birds n dirt ya havnt got round till putting into the polecats. Buying this that n the other joining clubs an all. Don't no about ur area but them belfast pigeon clubs r run an full off big Nancy boy,pansie spiteful.gurney fookers ya could meet. For instance if 1 of the judges never gave any of your birds a second look season after season for a couple your getting fed up but this clown of a judge never owned or reared a pair of west of England's in his life,done nothing but slander them. Untill some big wig gives him a pair he becomes an expert aye right dead on. I think the best birds in the planet come frm the British Isle more Northern Ireland ya might think I'm nuts but telling our racers have 2 channels to cross in the big race frm France. Our tipplers don't enjoy the privilege of the of England's 21 degrees summers we get a week in early May then it's bk till the cloud n rain our tipplers n rollers have to learn to fly with 1 wing over ther eyes n beak to keep the rain out lol nah being serious just do what makes ya happy I love sitting out the back sun out neck broke looking for my split kit of street hokers or throwing some kind of object at them lazy limericks to get them in flight and I have ball happy as a fat kid in a cake shop.but every1s different big fancy lofts/sheds if your busy n can't get scraping for a few days picture cleaning out a 30ft shed aye dead on more like work than a hobby. I'm happy with all the dirt I keep out my back or it wouldn't be ther. Brilliant wee pastime pigeons stay away frm them clubs n shows most pigeon men are decent ppl give ye anything starting of all the tricks an birds under the sun till you start beating ther times then the honeymoon periods over they wouldn't give you last years calendar then. Then the money men n ther schemmils n all ther birds ya can't even see the head on them just not my cup tea I wouldn't be feeding them. If you have a look at limericks I can get you pair sent as far as bury lancs if any good to ya. I've never bought a bird in my life FACT pigeon anyway bought a Siskin mule n it was dud a female 25 notes stung me for to. Ppl give ya or breed ya pair all over the camp. My 1st box was on the yard wall made outa bread cages n an old cupboard kept anything n everything in it homers,street hokers'tipplers fantails luved it every morning n everyday after school looking into this horrible pile of junk at junk wouldn't let them out scared the wouldn't come back. Came home 1 day n the box fell of the yard wall everything gone never fell of my da rung ther necks n dumped the cupboard gave me a kit of young bird tipplers n a wee kit box he made with trap and latch. Flip me really enjoyed that thread. Good luck with the birds looks a tidy wee shop ur running ther buddy n if ya fancy them limericks if bury greater Manchester is any good to your more than welcome till them

Gripper just read the 1st post and gathered your doing very well clean tidy setup ya have ther buddy. Do ya always say I wana loft I'd say don't get 1 them kit boxes are dead on but a 8x6 garden shed perfect. Ya end up filling your loft with stock birds n dirt ya havnt got round till putting into the polecats. Buying this that n the other joining clubs an all. Don't no about ur area but them belfast pigeon clubs r run an full off big Nancy boy,pansie spiteful.gurney fookers ya could meet. For instance if 1 of the judges never gave any of your birds a second look season after season for a couple your getting fed up but this clown of a judge never owned or reared a pair of west of England's in his life,done nothing but slander them. Untill some big wig gives him a pair he becomes an expert aye right dead on. I think the best birds in the planet come frm the British Isle more Northern Ireland ya might think I'm nuts but telling our racers have 2 channels to cross in the big race frm France. Our tipplers don't enjoy the privilege of the of England's 21 degrees summers we get a week in early May then it's bk till the cloud n rain our tipplers n rollers have to learn to fly with 1 wing over ther eyes n beak to keep the rain out lol nah being serious just do what makes ya happy I love sitting out the back sun out neck broke looking for my split kit of street hokers or throwing some kind of object at them lazy limericks to get them in flight and I have ball happy as a fat kid in a cake shop.but every1s different big fancy lofts/sheds if your busy n can't get scraping for a few days picture cleaning out a 30ft shed aye dead on more like work than a hobby. I'm happy with all the dirt I keep out my back or it wouldn't be ther. Brilliant wee pastime pigeons stay away frm them clubs n shows most pigeon men are decent ppl give ye anything starting of all the tricks an birds under the sun till you start beating ther times then the honeymoon periods over they wouldn't give you last years calendar then. Then the money men n ther schemmils n all ther birds ya can't even see the head on them just not my cup tea I wouldn't be feeding them. If you have a look at limericks I can get you pair sent as far as bury lancs if any good to ya. I've never bought a bird in my life FACT pigeon anyway bought a Siskin mule n it was dud a female 25 notes stung me for to. Ppl give ya or breed ya pair all over the camp. My 1st box was on the yard wall made outa bread cages n an old cupboard kept anything n everything in it homers,street hokers'tipplers fantails luved it every morning n everyday after school looking into this horrible pile of junk at junk wouldn't let them out scared the wouldn't come back. Came home 1 day n the box fell of the yard wall everything gone never fell of my da rung ther necks n dumped the cupboard gave me a kit of young bird tipplers n a wee kit box he made with trap and latch. Flip me really enjoyed that thread. Good luck with the birds looks a tidy wee shop ur running ther buddy n if ya fancy them limericks if bury greater Manchester is any good to your more than welcome till them

Made me laugh that paddy glad they give you joy can tell just reading it. Get some pics up

• Like 2

Hot meat Pete is sorting the pics out for us hopefully be on tomarro. I'm loving this part of the site, wer have I been. Don't get me wrong some good dog men on the lurcher/terriers bit but some complete gobsh£&es on it critizing peoples every move think they're the only ppl to have dug till a terrier and stuff like no working wheatons I no of 2 yards have nothing but wheatons yousd as strong dogs,and earth dogs and some of them boys have forgotten more than I will ever no bout terriers and lurchers Pity but the terrier bit coz some cracking genuine blokes on it. Sure they like a rake and a banter but most on it see a green horn as a fool. Sad really I was lucky enuff to be surrounded by dogs birds horses fishing. Taking food frm wer ever we could poach it even wading a few fish farms in the small hours returning frm a nights lamping. How will these youngsters ever learn keep buying dogs of gumtree time n time again and listening to ppl who are only after their coin for poorly bred non working very bad line or strain of dogs or by reading online well a fox isn't gona run across ther bedroom floor but going with rubbish stock watch it fail time n time again would be soul destroying wouldn't like. Even pidgeons every second or 3rd house had a shed,kit box or some kinda housing for them as for hunting n the ponies we wer amung good sound knowledgeable people but we wanted to do our own thing coz we new best aye right. We ruined many a good dog. By either to much heavy wrk.not enuff wrk generally not putting enuff into the dogs. O aye and ferrets they're keeping them on ther houses an all now WTF each to ther own but I think ferrets should be in a carry box on yer shoulder n bag full nets over the other. Anyways rant over but genuinely loving this forum here some really tuned in ppl could be of a lot of use to myself n others. Keep it up lads and please don't let it go like the terrier section died a death

• Like 1

Hot meat sorry mate what about pictures Pete had sent me pm n I only reply bout a hour ago not coz I was busy on wasnt online I was didn't no how to get into them to read it every time I clicked it was loading then the same start of a message and sender but I found out realized if you clink on high lighted big bold letters then bobs yer uncle bingo your in. So just bare with me on the pics buddy

• 2 weeks later...