im having problems uploading pics to my profile it seems to be all my best pics dont work keeps saying image to large its not as though i have a fancy high pixel camera its pics off my mobile phone 1.3 mega pixels any ideas ?

im having problems uploading pics to my profile it seems to be all my best pics dont work keeps saying image to large its not as though i have a fancy high pixel camera its pics off my mobile phone 1.3 mega pixels any ideas ?

You will need to reduce them in size. I noticed yesterday that the biggest upload size now, has been reduced from 500kb to 200kb, which is nothing at all.

Some websites will automatically rezsize them for you but this one doesnt. You will require software to do it, and there are plenty of free ones out there if you type it into google. A good one I use is "faststone", i think its called.

Edited by tegater

Depends on your Windows but if you open a photo from "My photos" and click edit, you MAY have an option for "Stretch and Skew", if so, copy the pic onto your desktop and check the pics "properties" then reduce by whatever percent (my pics are usually 3-4mb so I reduce to either 25 or 30%) then close and click save changes. (sometimes trial and error to get the nearest size under 200mb)

You should then have a copy of the same pic but only between 1 and 200 mb which is suitable for attaching.

That's how I usually do it :thumbs:

HTH

Cheers, D.

Feck, who'd have ever thought I'd be giving PC/Photo advice :laugh::whistling::icon_redface:

Emoticons back again :toast:

• Like 1