• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Dazzam

Dazzam

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:15 pm

Anyone going to Shanes next year i would recommend the Railway Cafe. Chips, Roast Breast of Chicken, choice of vegtables, gravy and drink for £8.00. It was delightful and i got mine for free.......thanks Albert. Compared to a burger and coke probably £5 at the chippy van the Railway Cafe is great value

#17 bluebandit

bluebandit

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:20 pm

I went to the beer tent an a double vodka an blackcurrant was 7.50 I near swollowed there glass an when they asked did I want ice I was scared to say yes case they charged me lol but must say it was good day

#18 AlbertJ

AlbertJ

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:11 pm

is the food still going to be well over priced. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

You could always butter a few baps and bring your own picnic.......?
youd need to if its anything like shanes.20 odd quid 2 burgers 1 chip n 2 coke..

I have spoken to the caterer and the cost of the meal quoted for 2 burgers 1 chip and 2 cokes would have been 13.00. That included the caterer providing a marquee with tables and chairs for people to sit in if it rained and did it rain on the Sunday! The burgers and chips were excellent and in my opinion fair value for money especially when the tentage was included. But as LF says you do have the option of bringing a sandwich.
it was 23 pound ...awful dacent of him providing a marquee.
I know for a fact that is not 23 for that amount of food because we fed our staff from the same vans.

#19 AlbertJ

AlbertJ

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:13 pm

Anyone going to Shanes next year i would recommend the Railway Cafe. Chips, Roast Breast of Chicken, choice of vegtables, gravy and drink for £8.00. It was delightful and i got mine for free.......thanks Albert. Compared to a burger and coke probably £5 at the chippy van the Railway Cafe is great value

From what you have seen on the forum being a line judge could be very dangerous work! the meal could have turned out very expensive to your health!
  • lurcher330 likes this

#20 AlbertJ

AlbertJ

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:16 am

Addition to prizes : Premier Event Catering good sponsors at all of our shows have sponsored four Bulldog spades for the winning team and runners up at the digging competition and one of their superb burgers and a drink ( normally £5) for each of the competitors who finish!
  • tango and muddyriver like this

#21 patterdale666

patterdale666

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:46 am

Great prizes Albert :thumbs:

#22 littlefish

littlefish

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:49 pm

I went to the beer tent an a double vodka an blackcurrant was 7.50 I near swollowed there glass an when they asked did I want ice I was scared to say yes case they charged me lol but must say it was good day

That's to persuade you to drink less, the experts also say drinks bad for you too, as well as the burgers, chips and coke. :laugh:

#23 AlbertJ

AlbertJ

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:28 am

Great prizes , good range of opportunities, fantastic range of good quality stands in place with great bargains and supposed country sports enthusiasts want to talk about the cost of food & drink! We consider food and drink prices at our events are good value and much less expensive than at most outdoor events BUT if you really object to paying reasonable prices why not bring a sandwich!

#24 Carraghs Gem

Carraghs Gem

Mega Pointy Knife Collector

• Donator
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:17 am

//

#25 tartar

tartar

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:03 pm

just read your post albert, nobody can say they are not catered for in that racing programme, i hope to get down thanks for all your help at my show,talk soon.

#26 nancy

nancy

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:51 pm

take your drink in with you :tongue2:

#27 AlbertJ

AlbertJ

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:45 pm

Why have people such a fascination with food & drink? We are trying to put on the best shows with the best prize structures in ireland and equivalent to the best in the Uk and we get quibbles over the price of food & drinks.Perhaps it is a 'back handed compliment' in that there is little else to criticise about ourr events!

Our caterers cater at a huge number of events throughout the country and their prices are similar to other event caterers at other events - in my opinion they do a very good job providing a good range of food at fair prices and provide reasonable facilities. However we don't stop people bringing their own food.

Albertj
  • Wetnoseman likes this

#28 hunt crazy

hunt crazy

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:32 pm

well Albertj i've 2 kids under 3 are they free

#29 AlbertJ

AlbertJ

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:15 am

well Albertj i've 2 kids under 3 are they free

They are free

#30 AlbertJ

AlbertJ

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:47 pm

Judges for the Terrier, Lurcher & Whippet shows at Birr are as Follows:

Terriers : Neil Cooney

Lurchers : Seamus Kearns

Whippets: Tom Quinn

Five Nations Lurcher Championships : Kieran Young, Steven McGonigal and Pat Lee.

Any qualifier who has not registered for the Five Nations must contact me before Friday 028 44839167 or email irishgamefair@btinternet.com AND must sign in for their number and expenses before 12.30 at Birr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users