Take heed, read and learn.....

A valid point Mole, a very reasonable and legal request. A simple and honest mistake such as inputting incorrect pellet weight could mean all the difference. On that note, one can only wonder how truly accurate the testing procedure is. For instance, do they even weigh each pellet? Something I do and would insist be done.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howdy guys...   Those of you that know me personally will know that I'm truly above board with everything to do with airgunning, sharing my advice when I can etc and would never do things deliberate

And so this thread rambles on....   Well considering, about 10 years ago, a certain police firearms officer up this way, got himself sent down for pocketing about £30,000 cash fiddled from the FAC/S

Aww bloody hell Darryl mate I'm sorry to see what's happened here. Particularly so for your wife and family, who suddenly had armed police officers tromping about her home and her man treated like a

And so this thread rambles on....

Well considering, about 10 years ago, a certain police firearms officer up this way, got himself sent down for pocketing about £30,000 cash fiddled from the FAC/Shotgun licence account, I'd say there's a difference between honest mistakes made in blind trust, and outright criminal intent aforethought and wilful action to perpetrate it.

We drive without thought at 80mph on crowded motorways with a 70mph limit. MPs fiddle their expenses, claim it was an honest mistake and walks away. A poor lass does a bit of cleaning on the side to top up her benifits and give her kids a bit more to eat and decent clothes and she faces prison. While a bloody moron of a schoolboy can threaten you with a knife and no-one can touch him ( I'd f*cking kill the little c*nt with it in self defence and face whatever the judge says)

You can be verbally threatned by any bloody arsehole and when you report it to the police, some bloody wimp of a civillian says "We can't do anything really if he hasn't actually done anything yet!"

Nobody is so clean and spotless a paragon of virtue.

Absolutely no one!

So if an air rifle is a pound or two over. why the bloody stupid over-reaction from the police about it? How f*****g dare they treat this man like a terrorist in front of his wife and daughters?

This country is in a ridiculous mess of good police officers hamstrung by bullshit, lawfully endorsed and paid snoopers, grassers and f****d-up dogooders all looking to get their Nazi-like officialdom into someone's life and f*ck it up needlessly to extract cash and retribution. Incompetent politicians and successive incompetent governments who dare not look the nation in the eye and set about doing what is crying out to done.

We need to be making and selling things around the world, giving proper jobs to people to build them, and pay them properly; educating our children in better schools, heal the sick in clean, better hospitals with medical staff who've had reasonable working hours; not 100-hour shifts! Stop selling cheap booze to pissheads and return our town centres back into places that are safe for anyone to walk around at night and go for a drink in.

Stop every immigrant, regardless of cause or legality and deport the lot back... And f*ck you if that's oooh err racist! That's common sense. This is an Island, with limits on its scale and population demographics of it's use of resources. Not a bloody limitless supercontinent.

And all our authorities jump up and do anything about...is jump on an innocent and good family man and put him and his family through bloody hell for the sake of a few air rifles and an HW80 that's a couple of pounds over....

What do you think of that?

That's the country we are living in now.

Pianof*uckingangryatinjusticeman!

• Like 8

Bloody ell Simon,

Heres me thinking your a mild mannerd gentleman who wouldn't hurt a fly :laugh:

I didn't know you had that in you

Very well said :yes:

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Pianoman for Primenister :victory:

Tony

• Like 1

The minor details being Miles....

Bloody ell Simon,

Tony

Oh the stillest water can run very deep! I am normally Tony. Very quiet guy really. I JUST DO NOT LIKE UNFAIR INJUSTICE LIKE THIS ON DECENT PEOPLE JUST SO SOMETHING CAN BE SEEN TO BE DOING SOMETHING. THERE'S BEEN TOO BLOODY MUCH OF THAT.

Sorry mate I'm shouting again.

I'd love to be prime Minister of this great nation. It wouldn't be a soft touch country, but, it would be fair and just for all.

Miles. Spare me the minor details mate. Too much emphasis on minor :censored:details is what brought the Police down on our friend here in the first place :hmm:

Regards to you both Gentlemen,

Simon

The minor details being Miles....

Bloody ell Simon,

Tony

Oh the stillest water can run very deep! I am normally Tony. Very quiet guy really. I JUST DO NOT LIKE UNFAIR INJUSTICE LIKE THIS ON DECENT PEOPLE JUST SO SOMETHING CAN BE SEEN TO BE DOING SOMETHING. THERE'S BEEN TOO BLOODY MUCH OF THAT.

Sorry mate I'm shouting again.

I'd love to be prime Minister of this great nation. It wouldn't be a soft touch country, but, it would be fair and just for all.

Miles. Spare me the minor details mate. Too much emphasis on minor :censored:details is what brought the Police down on our friend here in the first place :hmm:

Regards to you both Gentlemen,

Simon

You may be relieved to know I had no intention of going into detail (In truth I don't think you, quite rightly, give a hoot).

Perhaps I should have been more forthright and said "bar some points I disagree with", I chose "minor details" so as not to detract from my overall agreement.

Thank you for your 'regards',

I respect your views.

• Like 1

After a few more days this topic will slowly disappear into the vaults never to resurface again until the next case of injustice rears its ugly head.As with most wrong doings nothing ever seems to get done, we just give our opinions and move on.With Marksmen's permission, surely there's enough of us on here to push this as far as we can, I am not saying we are going to shit miracles but if we don't give it a go, we only have ourselves to blame.What do you all think?

After a few more days this topic will slowly disappear into the vaults never to resurface again until the next case of injustice rears its ugly head.As with most wrong doings nothing ever seems to get done, we just give our opinions and move on.With Marksmen's permission, surely there's enough of us on here to push this as far as we can, I am not saying we are going to shit miracles but if we don't give it a go, we only have ourselves to blame.What do you all think?

What like getting his Caution overturned and his now criminal record wiped clean?

I'd be up for that as it would also wipe mine clean and overturn my caution as well :yes:

But how would we go about it? Without spending money that we dont have on solicitors we cant afford?

Tony

• Like 1

I'd be happy to help. Have a pretty clear idea how I would go about it.

Nice one "M", David Dyson is a firearms expert who gives free consultations,I could email him for advise in which direction to go.We still need Marksmen to agree to this.

Good post Archie.

I certainly feel it's high time we folks who enjoy our shooting and our rifles, lawfully, honestly and decently, should be allowed the peace and freedom to enjoy our sport without threats and wobetides and promised terms in the slammer from figures of authority or ignoramouses among the public. We are law-abiding men and women who do not need a bloody lecture in gun law from some jumped up little prat with a stick to wave.

Maybe it's time to stand up for ourselves, armed with some legal protection of law.

I am not blaming the police in anyway here. They can only act on what they have been told. In my experience they are doing their job with courtesy and professionalism and deserve our respect.

It's who's been doing the telling and what they may be saying, that I am at issue with.

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 3