Take heed, read and learn.....

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howdy guys...   Those of you that know me personally will know that I'm truly above board with everything to do with airgunning, sharing my advice when I can etc and would never do things deliberate

And so this thread rambles on....   Well considering, about 10 years ago, a certain police firearms officer up this way, got himself sent down for pocketing about £30,000 cash fiddled from the FAC/S

Aww bloody hell Darryl mate I'm sorry to see what's happened here. Particularly so for your wife and family, who suddenly had armed police officers tromping about her home and her man treated like a

If you find the thread boring then dont read or contribute to it Simples! at least it lets members vent their frustrations at what they percieve to be unwanted, and unwaranted intrusions in their life. :bye:

Edited by Tron

To put an end to it, the police were well within their right to do what they did, and acted how they should.

In the current climate security is of utmost importance.

They responded to a report of someone with a rifle, they didnt know what they were up against so the attended with maximum force, understandable!

They fact I had an over power rifle in my posession was a prohibited air rifle which is what I was cautioned for, NOT a section 1 firearm, YES there is a difference!

At the end of the day, the police done their job, albeit to someone who abides by the laws and has other fully legal rifles, whats done is done, now let it rest.

This was supposed to be a lesson for others to follow so they didnt have to go through what I did, but if they still want to go ahead and have over power rifles they be it on their own head......

Darryl

• Like 2

To put an end to it, the police were well within their right to do what they did, and acted how they should.

In the current climate security is of utmost importance.

They responded to a report of someone with a rifle, they didnt know what they were up against so the attended with maximum force, understandable!

They fact I had an over power rifle in my posession was a prohibited air rifle which is what I was cautioned for, NOT a section 1 firearm, YES there is a difference!

At the end of the day, the police done their job, albeit to someone who abides by the laws and has other fully legal rifles, whats done is done, now let it rest.

This was supposed to be a lesson for others to follow so they didnt have to go through what I did, but if they still want to go ahead and have over power rifles they be it on their own head......

Darryl

Well written Darryl. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ohhhhhh I see this thread hasn't moved on from slating the police, get a room for gods sake. Grow up springs to mind as well, it's frickin boring now and well off topic from op!

ACTUALLY we were arranging trials of Archies mammaries!

Darryl's brought the hammer down cuz you just couldn't be cool....now I'm sad.

Only joking sweetheart.

You got any mammaries for me?

Ohhhhhh I see this thread hasn't moved on from slating the police, get a room for gods sake. Grow up springs to mind as well, it's frickin boring now and well off topic from op!

what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

late in on the post but 14-17fp's? doesnt sound right unless it was a variasion of pellets, heres why i think that, if the springs naffed that would produce a varience, but as you know springers dont vary that much unless somethings drasticly rong... if the spring was naffed to that degree surley it wouldnr be giving 14 to 17? more like 7-9 fps.

all baring it actualy being an FAC spring.

bad luck.. and good advice, get it chrono'd, or get it without the spring in and buy your own/get it sprung at a shop.

late in on the post but 14-17fp's? doesnt sound right unless it was a variasion of pellets, heres why i think that, if the springs naffed that would produce a varience, but as you know springers dont vary that much unless somethings drasticly rong... if the spring was naffed to that degree surley it wouldnr be giving 14 to 17? more like 7-9 fps.

bad luck.. and good advice, get it chrono'd, or get it without the spring in and buy your own/get it sprung at a shop.

Read the original post properly mate ;)

Darryl

Just to thank the OP, I had my air rifle checked today because of this thread and it is definetely legal, but at least I know that for sure, peace of mind. I will also because of this thread be very careful with any future purchases as well.

Read the original post properly mate ;)

Darryl

ahh yup..