Take heed, read and learn.....

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howdy guys...   Those of you that know me personally will know that I'm truly above board with everything to do with airgunning, sharing my advice when I can etc and would never do things deliberate

And so this thread rambles on....   Well considering, about 10 years ago, a certain police firearms officer up this way, got himself sent down for pocketing about £30,000 cash fiddled from the FAC/S

Aww bloody hell Darryl mate I'm sorry to see what's happened here. Particularly so for your wife and family, who suddenly had armed police officers tromping about her home and her man treated like a

Unlucky isnt the word mate, although you would attract attention dealing out the back of your car in a service station

I bought a rifle from a forum guy and was told it was 11.2ft lbs .. i was too trusting and that turned out at 16ft lbs, if i had been caught with it i would have had the same thing happen, not good.

Definitly everyone should get a chrono or take their rifle ot somewhere to get it chrono'd just for piece of mind, even if they charge you a fee its better than losing the rifle and the hassle.

Hope this is the end of it mate and it dosnt sting you in any other way

ATB

Adam

Unlucky isnt the word mate, although you would attract attention dealing out the back of your car in a service station

I bought a rifle from a forum guy and was told it was 11.2ft lbs .. i was too trusting and that turned out at 16ft lbs, if i had been caught with it i would have had the same thing happen, not good.

Definitly everyone should get a chrono or take their rifle ot somewhere to get it chrono'd just for piece of mind, even if they charge you a fee its better than losing the rifle and the hassle.

ATB

Adam

£20 at gun shop , so when you think some guns are 300+ well worth it

Aww bloody hell Darryl mate I'm sorry to see what's happened here. Particularly so for your wife and family, who suddenly had armed police officers tromping about her home and her man treated like a bloody criminal.

For those who do not know you.

Darryl here is one of life's true, natural Gentlemen. He may not have a plummy accent and a silver spoon up his arse but, he is as straight as a dye in any deal he does and his willing kindness towards helping others who need a bit of help make him a true gentleman in my book, superior to those bluesuited fiddling b*****ds who are currently running banks and robbing your grandparents of their pensions.

I remember a time when you could walk around a rural village with a 12-bore shotgun over your arm and a bagful of cartridges on the way to the fields and stop for a pint in the village pub. And not a soul even looked mildly surprised.

People nowadays are a f*****g joke. They'll piss themselves with fear at their own shaddows.

So, I'm more inclined towards blaming the bloody frightened rabbit of a person who went jerking off to the police with, no doubt, some wild story about seeing some kind of "bad guys" arms deal going down!

Net result is an HW80 going a couple of pounds over. Whoopee doo! Confiscated! I was going to bloody have that when it was finished!

So sorry Darryl lad but, it's the times we are living in. And the bleadin' do gooders, snoopers and grassers we have to rub along with.

Shows we have to be really careful these days. More's the friggin' pity.

Shame they cannot apply the same laws as strictly, dealing with the drunken f****r of a woman who ran down and killed my girlfriend one christmas. She got off with just a few years.

Hope alls well with you and the family now mate.

Fond wishes and regards.

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 4

Aww bloody hell Darryl mate I'm sorry to see what's happened here. Particularly so for your wife and family, who suddenly had armed police officers tromping about her home and her man treated like a bloody criminal.

Darryl here is one of life's true, natural Gentlemen. He may not have a plummy accent and a silver spoon up his arse but, he is as straight as a dye in any deal he does and his willing kindness towards helping others who need a bit of help make him a true gentleman in my book, superior to those bluesuited fiddling b*****ds who are currently running banks and robbing your grandparents of their pensions.

I remember a time when you could walk around a rural village with a 12-bore shotgun over your arm and a bagful of cartridges on the way to the fields and stop for a pint in the village pub. And not a soul even looked mildly surprised.

People nowadays are a f*****g joke. They'll piss themselves with fear at their own shaddows.

So, I'm more inclined towards blaming the bloody frightened rabbit of a person who went jerking off to the police with, no doubt, some wild story about seeing some kind of "bad guys" arms deal going down!

Net result is an HW80 going a couple of pounds over. Whoopee doo! Confiscated! I was going to bloody have that when it was finished!

So sorry Darryl lad but, it's the times we are living in. And the bleadin' do gooders, snoopers and grassers we have to rub along with.

Shame they cannot apply the same laws as strictly, dealing with the drunken f****r of a woman who ran down and killed my girlfriend one christmas. She got off with just a few years.

Fond wishes and regards.

Simon

A shocking set of circumstances and ashame for Daryl and his family, but its the country we live in now, as a result of some of the terrorist activities that the public are aware of. Suicide bombs in London, suicide groups going on nice camping and bonding trips in rural lake district, and countless government warnings to the public about there duty to report ANYTHING suspicious to the police, whether it be something that looks suspicious, to people taking photographs of prominent buildings!!!

I dont think anymore you can blame the member of the public that called it in.

As has been said, a motorway service station may not have been a good choice, but hindsight is great after the event.

Hi bud just read your post sorry to hear about your sh--ty news genuine mistake bud which could happen to any of us, at the end of the day mate your family are on your side just like us, your dedication to the sport made the cops realise how much of a mistake it was, family will be okay mate not very nice i know but your family will be with you no matter what.good luck mate chin up

Bloody hell, Darryl, that's harsh but there by the grace of god go so many of us.

Fair play to you for posting this up, it may just make some folks think a little bit more before jumping in.

I just hope you and your's are OK after all this. Shit happens sometimes, even for the best of folks :thumbs:

Fond wishes and regards.

Simon

A shocking set of circumstances and ashame for Daryl and his family, but its the country we live in now, as a result of some of the terrorist activities that the public are aware of. Suicide bombs in London, suicide groups going on nice camping and bonding trips in rural lake district, and countless government warnings to the public about there duty to report ANYTHING suspicious to the police, whether it be something that looks suspicious, to people taking photographs of prominent buildings!!!

As has been said, a motorway service station may not have been a good choice, but hindsight is great after the event.

So we have reached the era where a man is no longer deemed innocent until proven guilty. But I take your point. Hindsight is indeed a marvellous thing.

Fond wishes and regards.

Simon

So we have reached the era where a man is no longer deemed innocent until proven guilty. But I take your point. Hindsight is indeed a marvellous thing.

Man will hopefully always be innocent until proven guilty, as is Daryl, but to discover that innocence, difficult decisions have to be made, and we all know the response we will get from the police where firearms are concerned, as they have a duty to the officers they are sending to a potential firearms incedent.

I am not saying I agree with it, but that is the way it is going.

I like to think I live in a decent area, but I will never even walk out of my front door with a bagged fiream, until I have gone outside and opened the boot of my car and looked to see who is about, so that I can stick the gun in the car without being seen........over cautious maybe, but I dont like anybody knowing I have firearms.

• Like 1

Its plain to all Darryl that you are a good man. And its good men like you who get trampled by HRH through their ignorance of their game and their rules.

I had a similar situation. The difference was I kept my guns. I published this account so you may have taken heed read and learnt from it.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/242179-hold-onto-your-guns%3B-or-how-to-deal-with-a-visit-from-der-gestapo-without-being-robbed/page__fromsearch__1

You most likely gave them all the information for them to incriminate you willingly and voluntarily. Could they prove the claim of where you supposedly were and what you supposedly did? All was mere hear say until you confirm it. (Without video evidence or a signed sworn affidavit of truth).

You probably consented, either expressly or through acquiescence by silence, for them to enter your home, gave them the key to your gun safe. It was you who surrendered your guns to them. Sure they may have used force, but for things to degenerate to that level they need WAY more evidence and certainly a court order/warrant.

Its a harsh way to be woken up, but when I nearly lost my life then straight after was dragged to the magistrate who told me I was guilty and my medical evidence insufficient as the brain surgeon wasn't presented (his signed report was!) I smelt a rat.

Ask yourself, "did I cause anyone harm, injury or loss?" If the answer is no. You've been had.

It is not unlawful to possess a firearm/speed in your car/walk around naked in public. It is illegal but unless you consent to be governed by legislation, you are only governed by the law (very different) and there is but one law "Cause no harm, injury, or loss to any other human being". Hence why 'ignorance was no defence'. It was simple.

There are 60 million statutes that make up legislation! Not even Policy enforcement officers know all of them!

Read up mate, don't get stung again. PM me with any questions.

ATB

Adam

£20 at gun shop , so when you think some guns are 300+ well worth it

£41 for a Combro (though prices are reported to be rising soon)!