Where do people get their prices from?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get yourself out beating and you will soon see some good dogs working. Then you listen out for a litter that you could be interested in.......

Yup Glad to see a few agreeing with me. Mine was farm bred, no papers, but then paper doesn`t help him push through bramble.   He`s 10 now, showed his first sign of aging a few weeks ago, so I have

gundogs = money... but coming back to it, if your buying your first gundog you dont want a high powered ftch bred animal, you are more then likely not going to handle it,   imo i dont know why peop

gundogs = money... but coming back to it, if your buying your first gundog you dont want a high powered ftch bred animal, you are more then likely not going to handle it,

imo i dont know why people get hung up on bloodlines, i also believe that a springer from an average man will be 300 to 400 no more, quality bloodlines like ftch bred are 600 and above,

but on a rule you can find bargains, ireland is the place for good breeding and low cost, but if you look in the right places you will find well bred spaniels at 300 quid, as mentioned get beating and put your name down for a pup out of two good dogs,

its horses for courses as they say, if you want to be trialling buy the best to up your odds for a good dog, general shooting dog/hunting dog bloodlines dont matter you want to make sure sire and dam are workers though,

• Like 1

Some good 'common sense' points coming out here. Looks to me that (In a way) most of you agree with me, or at least see that the average guy looking for £500 odd is chancing his mit, whilst a perfectly decent dog with potential can be acquired for a lot less.

Like I say, I'm not in a position to get one just yet, and I'll be keeping my ears open over the next few months or so.

I work away from home a lot at the moment, and my concern is if I get one whilst I'm in this position, that my wife and kids will have the pup ruined by the time I can commit to it.

If anyone can convince me this wouldn't happen, I might consider getting one sooner.

Cheers.

Some good 'common sense' points coming out here. Looks to me that (In a way) most of you agree with me, or at least see that the average guy looking for £500 odd is chancing his mit, whilst a perfectly decent dog with potential can be acquired for a lot less.

Like I say, I'm not in a position to get one just yet, and I'll be keeping my ears open over the next few months or so.

I work away from home a lot at the moment, and my concern is if I get one whilst I'm in this position, that my wife and kids will have the pup ruined by the time I can commit to it.

If anyone can convince me this wouldn't happen, I might consider getting one sooner.

Cheers.

that would defo happen, i would wait until your in the postion to train and exercise properly and train wife and child how to handle the dog the way you want not how they see fit atb cammy

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking for a Lab out of working stuff at the moment, I don't mind paying but I have a deep suspicion of folk charging big money......I know for a fact that they let the dollar signs get in the way of only breeding decent animals so I am at a loss.

Guest nighthunter2012

U get junk dogs and u get well breed dogs id rather pay alot more for a well breed pup than a pile of shite. Im not saying all cheap pups are but ur taking a risk why do u think theres alot of older dogs for sale

Stick to breeders you know,be wary of the guy who wants the fortune, for unless he is a champion dog trainer breeding from a champion dog,you really dont know what you are getting,you are better with a pup, remember no expert dog man sells a good dog, he keeps that one for himself, because there is champions in the blood line does not automatically mean you are getting a good dog,where as with a local dog you can see for yourself what the dog is like,ask other peoples opinion dont buy if they are obitual breeders,where as a good local guy will breed, to keep a pup for himself in other words he is keeping his blood line going,he would do that for a reason, ask him if he is keeping one himself,?????when it comes to pedigrees I have both I have dogs with and with out papers,pointer bred to the back teeth not a cheep dog at all,lab bred really well I owned his farther I still own his mother,no papers brilliant little Lab,I have a spaniel who has now retired,no papers and a great loss to my shooting cracking little dog,I have a teckel terrier well bred good animal,first class on a blood line,cost a fortune,then I have a little lurcher dog, no papers people look odly some times at him,he will do almost anything the others will do,

95C9E610-0914-4A09-BE15-D7C1B584009B-570-000000BCDE1A646A_zpsd9d97e75.jpg

This is him after retreiving ducks, what I am saying spend time get a dog that can walk the walk not talk the talk,I would pay well for a dog with clear ability not a written ability,and still say someone on here will be selling at some point some first class animals,take your time it will pay dividens,Remember most junk dogs have junk owners,

My round up of the delights of 'Preloved' and all it's greedy b*****ds...

£500 for border terrier pups :whistling:

As i said in another thread, Cocker x Tibetan terrier pups, £500 :whistling:

That old chesnut 'blue' staffys £750 :whistling: :whistling:

'Yorkie-Poo' pups £600 :whistling:

Bichon Frise x Patterdale...who the feck does that???

Here's one for you, 'Yorkie-Poo-Adors'.........Right :huh:

I could go on!!

Might buy myself a Jack Russell to put to my Springer....is the official term for that mix a 'Jacker'?? :laugh:

• Like 1

...but coming back to it, if your buying your first gundog you dont want a high powered ftch bred animal, you are more then likely not going to handle it,

There was a guy who posted on here called Rickyspringer who told me the same thing...still I went and did it anyway and got a full blown FTCH lined Labrador with all the fancy Drakeshead etc in him. Nearly 3 years on he's run me ragged :D

I'm not sure if I am right about this but I think I might have had a better time with a bitch, slightly less Ferrari and a bit more Volkwagon :D

My round up of the delights of 'Preloved' and all it's greedy b*****ds...

£500 for border terrier pups :whistling:

As i said in another thread, Cocker x Tibetan terrier pups, £500 :whistling:

That old chesnut 'blue' staffys £750 :whistling: :whistling:

'Yorkie-Poo' pups £600 :whistling:

Bichon Frise x Patterdale...who the feck does that???

Here's one for you, 'Yorkie-Poo-Adors'.........Right :huh:

I could go on!!

Might buy myself a Jack Russell to put to my Springer....is the official term for that mix a 'Jacker'?? :laugh:

EXACTLY!

I'm not after anything 'special' for Myself, but then again, "why not?" if clowns like those you mention are asking that kind of ££

a person on our shoot got 2 dogs,field trail this,champion this,with the double barrel names,ftch dukeshorn of horsends from bristol type of bollacks,

2 ducks were shot over the pond and her dogs refused to go into the frozen lake,i sent my half bull grey of sidealley council estate of wales he brought both back.her face was a picture i never forgotten...