new gun

Guest Pat

just got myself a new shotgun today as Im sick of dragging my other round the fields I wanted a game gun that I could use mini mags in and that was lighter than my other gun. Anyway I got a miroku (excuse the spelling if its wrong) 12g game gun It cost me £550 and its in good condition like brandnew. but cant use mini mags in it The man in the shop said I could use 38g cartridges in it are these mini mags or just cartridges with bigger shot in? I heard some good reports about this make of gun but never tryed one myself just carnt wait to get out and shoot with it.

by mini mags, do you mean 2 and 3/4 inch shells? if its a modern gun it should handle most on the market, HOWEVER you must check what its proofed to fire and check the cartridge box, if in doubt, consult a gunsmith.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Fenlander

Most Miroku's are only 2 3/4" chambers, but they are very good guns and will handle most loads as long as you dont go above a 2 3/4 inch shell,

personaly i would have thought 36grams would be a big enough load ,and i only use 32 grams for game shooting.

just out of interest,what was you thinking of shooting that would need such a large load as the one you were talking about?

like baldie said, check ya proof marks ,and check the boxes and if in dought ask,

hope this helps ,all the best Mick.